CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria title=

(All photos by Blazer)

Update by edhat staff on February 7, 2018:

Four people were arrested for being involved in the robbery of the Sprint Store on State Street in Santa Barbara at gunpoint. Read more here.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy

CHP unit missing? Sounds like there was a pursuit CHP vehicle abandoned officer possibly in danger.

Reported by Blazer

Around 5:00 pm Tuesday, CHP and Sheriff units spotted a pair of robbery suspects driving southbound on Highway 101 in a white Ford SUV. The pursuit in heavy traffic went on and off the freeway and ended at the Carpinteria Avenue exit. Suspects fled the vehicle and ran west into the salt marsh attempting to avoid arrest. 16 combined units of CHP and SB Sheriff were on scene, a k-9 officer was deployed and the suspects were quickly apprehended.

simplynotmyaddress Feb 06, 2018 08:23 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

Wasn't that the one where they tried to arrest the Harlem Globetrotters, or someone like that who was in town (and not involved)?

Roger Feb 06, 2018 09:45 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

No the Harlem Globetrotters was later on cannot remember exactly when the 1981 Robbery was at Bryant and Sons jewelry in the 800 Block of State street. 3 Black men entered the store and pulled guns after that their fate was sealed not one of them would leave that store alive. The owner of the store came out of his office gun in hand as I remember a shotgun and took 2 of them down he too was wounded 5 times I think. The last suspect was about to gun down the owner when the clerk at the cash register pulled out a .38 and shot the last bullet into the 3rd suspect I believe that mans name was Steven Brooks and as I remember he was the grand prize winner of a home later on... So I remember it's only been 36 years...The Harlem Globetrotter thing I think occurred in maybe around 1986 or 87...Not really sure 2 Black men robbed a Montecito Jewelry store and escaped police saw 2 Black men in a taxi cab and followed calling back up the taxi was felony stopped the black men in the cab Harlem Globetrotters not Jewelry Store robbers were treated like criminals and arrested. I can't remember which police officer said "Will they fit the description of the robbers." I don't think Bryant and Sons Jewelers ever got robbed after the 1981 Robbery...

Roger Feb 06, 2018 06:28 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

A friend of mine was in front of the store as it started to go down he had been a sniper in Vietnam he grabbed some poor lady also walking by and both went to the ground so he told me his name was Wayne I haven't seen him in many years...

Roger Feb 06, 2018 05:36 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

I remember what happed back in 1981 when several subjects came up here from LA and attempted to rob Bryant and Sons jewelry store does anyone remember that?

Roger Feb 06, 2018 05:35 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

There was a black female also involved she was driving a black Mustang it's registered in Southgate...I wonder if they were up here to loot?

Roger Feb 06, 2018 05:24 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

Suspects two BMA's robbed the Sprint store in the 1000 Block of State street they were armed being pursued they ditched their vehicle and escaped into the salt water marsh until Fido showed up chasing the bad guys and biting one of them on the leg...

Roger Feb 06, 2018 05:17 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

Not sure but they are talking about a robbery at a Sprint store also not sure if it's here or elsewhere like I said I caught the call in the middle.

Roger Feb 06, 2018 05:10 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

I think all is well now I caught the call in the middle CHP Officer was in pursuit of a stolen vehicle suspects ditched it at Carpinteria Ave. I don't know where the officer went but they caught 2 suspects and one got chewed up alittle. They said code 4 so I assume all is well..

a-1534356909 Feb 06, 2018 05:09 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

Drove by, looked like a major police pursuit. At least 15 cop cars (CHP and Sheriff) all out with their guns drawn. Pretty scary looking.

Roger Feb 06, 2018 04:48 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

From what I can tell from the little I heard is officer was in foot pursuit of suspects and is now missing all they have is foot prints in the mud and an abandoned police vehicle...

Roger Feb 06, 2018 04:41 PM
CHP Pursues Suspect in Carpinteria

SBPS and SBSO Responding to the area of Carpinteria Ave and highway 101 Officer possibly missing UNIT Abandoned Suspects involved in call outstanding.