Slow the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
Source: Public Health Department
COVID-19 is easily spread when people gather and when maintaining physical distance becomes difficult. Protect your household by maintaining at least six feet of physical distance from those you do not live with and wearing face coverings outside of the home.
Face coverings in the workplace are required:
- All food workers must wear facial covers which cover the nose and mouth and are supplied by the employer and maintained in a clean, sanitary manner.
- At the workplace or at off-site work locations any time workers are:
- Interacting in person with a member of the public;
- Working in any space visited by members of the public; regardless of whether anyone from the public is present at the time.
- In any room or enclosed area where other people (except for members of the person's own household or residence) are present when unable to physically distance.
- Working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others.
- Working in or walking through common areas, such as hallways, stairways, elevators, and parking facilities.
- While outdoors when unable to maintain at least 6' of distance from person who are not members of the same household.
Additional Measures in Response to COVID-19:
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure.
- If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employees exposed to a co-worker with confirmed COVID-19 should refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure.
The County of Santa Barbara requires that everyone wear a face covering when inside of a business. This is a Health Officer Order. All Health Officer orders can be viewed here.