Scanner Reports 4-19-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I find it quite interesting that things, which are not quite as desirable but needed in Santa Barbara end up in the least desirable parts of town. At least for a while until these things spread out and take over. The NIMBYS did not see that coming. I have always loved the East Side since I first moved here in 1985 or so. I've been on the West Side a few times too but the East is my home. I was for the homeless shelter when it opened up down here. Through the years I have had trouble with staff members more than anyone else and only a couple issues with homeless folks.
However, I haven't had issues with PATH staff at all. The guy that ran the shelter before PATH was horrible: always yelling about one thing or another and blaming the neighborhood for the problems of the homeless, although I think he himself caused most of the problems. I don't like that the homeless shelters are turning into Alcohol and Drug rehabs but at least there are not as many problems. Now that the North Side is becoming the New East Side that is acceptable (just kidding). Suggest something like the Guardian Angels and it turns into "Oh it's really not that bad. We can do it ourselves." And that is fine though it's been this way all along. Meanwhile, the more a town grows so does everything else (including crime). That is just the way it is.
Well, the FULL MOON is coming up soon and I wonder what it will bring with it? Things always get a little looney during the Full Moon. I guess we will pee... Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Subject refusing to leave MTD laying on a bench.
- Male passed out in a green Silverado at 7-11 1909 Cliff Drive check his welfare.
- Suspicious truck on the Northside of SBHS Possibly stolen from the High School and bought back.
- Hollister at Coronado Vehicle vs MTD Bus.
- 1900 Block of North San Marcos Vehicle on its side solo vehicle accident.
- Garden Court fall victim.
- Suspicious subject in the alleyway behind the 100 Block of West Mason possibly took something from a yard in that block.
- Check for speeding traffic 700 Block of Willowglen.
- Transient in traffic Arrellaga at Garden streets.
- Illegal camper in a parking space at BevMo.
- Vandalism at McKinley School on Loma Alta.
- 415 Domestic Dread Locks threw his wife and kid out of his Mercedes Benz Quinientos at Canada
- 415 Subject asking for signatures at Rite Aide 1900 Cliff Drive.
- 415 At Trader Joes 3025 DLV Unknown type.
- Suicidal Subject 1200 Block of Chino.
- Child locked in a vehicle public assist 400 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Public Assist female locked in a bathroom 300 Block of Palm Ave.
- Suspicious package County Administration building 105 West Anapamu.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle in the 3600 Block of San Remo.
- Petty Theft suspect escorted off property 811 State street.
- 1500 Block of Garden street elderly male heard moaning calling for help.
- 415 Between drivers one on Cabrillo the other in the East Beach Lot verbal.
- Subject seen leaving the S.B. Public Library that might have been involved in threatening staff there.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle Golds Gym in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Report of a subject drinking Tequilla in his vehicle 300 Block of North Voluntario.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Check the Welfare of a subject parked in the handicapped spot at 7-11 331 West Montecito street sleeping in a Chevy truck. I wonder if it's a green Silverado?.
- Non injury traffic accident Los Positas at Portsuello.
- SBPD detail at Franklin School.
- 1033 Anacapa transient blocking the sidewalk with all his crap using a traffic cone for a mega phone
- Camper or Crapper? in the porta potty refusing to leave 118 Nopolitos.
- Subject took a females keys 200 Block of East Arrellage possible Strongarm 211.
- Keep the Peace while subject picks up property 500 Block of WestAnapamu.
- Ill Female med call Motel 6 3505 State street.
- SBPD Detail SBHS 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Fall victim Head Injury Tunnel Trail off Tunnel Road.
- Employee of Sprouts called in and said there was an issue with a fellow employee then hung up 100 Block of North Fairview.
- Nora units pulled over a vehicle felony stop and arrest 1500 Block of Chapala, 100 Block of West Arrellaga unknown by me reason.
- Almond at San Andres 4 vehicle injury accident.
- Fall victim on the sand Shoreline and Santa Cruz thousand steps area unknown if they fell from the cliff or while walking on the beach
- Unknown 415 Male screaming behind 21 East Carrillo.
- Med Call 1500 Block of South Wallace
- Bicyclist Down at the Dolphin Fountain 200 Stearns Wharf.
- Med Call back of the County Jail 4436 Calle Real.
- 911 Hang Up busy on Call back from the Habit 628 State street.
1400 Block of Cliff Drive med call fall victim...Are you ready for the Full Moon? I was looking at Megans Law.Gov Website earlier saw 2 more people I have known in my life listed one was a former employer who fired me for saying the "F" Word over and over again I always thought the guy was weird. The other one was someone I had taken in before no more of that. Will enjoy the Full Moon and your weekend and remember....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger