Scanner Reports 2-25-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have been hearing calls lately of suicidal juveniles, there was one attempt several days ago with one young female cutting her self. I heard a couple others where juveniles were in possession of knives, others where juveniles felt suicidal. I probably heard 6 over the weekend. I hear so many suicidal people calls it doesn't always register with my brain when they say juvenile. I don't always hear many over a weekend though that is the County of Santa Barbara, not the City, concerning the County there was most likely more.
Four of those I heard were in the City of Santa Barbara including the young female who cut herself, she is 11 years old. Why are these kids so upset they would consider killing themselves? I know I had several reasons when I was a kid to want to end my life and I think maybe the same reasons are floating around today 50 years later: abuse, being bullied, those were the main two reasons I wanted out. The outside stressors floating around did not help either in my day, current events of the Nation the Vietnam War, assassinations of the Kennedy's, and Martin Luther King, living in an unsafe environment rough city. Kids now have much more to deal with then they did all those years ago while things might be easier working with computers in classes, violence has become worse with the threat of School Shootings. Another call I hear a lot are "Kids refusing to go to school calls." Who can blame them? I don't after having lived through the things I have in my life. I have no answers on how to stop kids from wanting to end their own lives, I do know things that can help. Having a caring parent helps, a parent more focused on the well being of their children than anything else. Mentors help when the parents cannot always be around because they are working it's good to have someone around that cares. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Vehicle blocking intersection no lights on Carrillo at Castillo.
- Structure Fire Response in the 2300 Block of Swinney Road Unknown type fire.
- Fire Alarms Bank of America 834 State street went off at least twice due to construction.
- Burglary to a vehicle 3200 Block of Orcutt Road.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 800 Block of Highland Drive.
- Found gun in a black bag in the bushes in the 1300 Block of Punta Gorda.
- 415 "Yeller" at McDonalds 147 North Fairview.
- 415 Subjects under the Cacique street Bridge.
- Loose Pit Bull attacked a smaller dog in the 200 Block of Pereza Circle, 2 other people were injured after being bit, the smaller dog was reported to be in bad shape, SBSO, AMR, and Animal control responded.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down 1200 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Minor injury accident Hope at State street.
- Med call alcohol related 1400 Block of Chino.
- 415 Fight 2 Males near Los Banos Pool.
- 415 Domestic First Block of West Mason.
- 415 Domestic behind CVS on Turnpike physical.
- 414 Shoplifting a male subject under the influence of some substance shoplifted a Monster Drink from Chumash Gas and ran onto Santa Ynez Airport property unknown if he was ever found.
- Threats First Block of North Soledad 3 Females waiting outside of the victims home threatening her.
- SBPD meet with a reporting party in the 600 Block of East Cabrillo for an incident that occurred at PATH.
- Loud Traffic on Foothill between San Roque and Ontare Loud Trucks and Motorcycles.
- Subject Pitching a Large Tent in the creekbed Euclid and Sola.
- 400 Block of East Cota med call for a hip injury
- Suspicious subject in a grey van watching females 800 Block of North Nopal.
- Probation search 1500 Block of Garden street.
- Threats investigation 1900 Block of Old San Marcos Road
- Subject challenging others to fight at MTD 1020 Chapala.
- 415 Fight 4 Females Guiterrez side of 7-11 402 North Milpas street.
- Male seen forcing a female into a vehicle East Arrellaga at Castillo a white 1980's Buick police were Unable to Locate but checked the area.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Suicidal Juvenile North County.
- Storke at Hollister 90-Year-old man stuck in the center of the intersection seems confused.
- Structure Fire 1700 Block of DLV.
- 314pcIndecent exposure 1100 Block of State street.
- Fall victim broken foot in the 2000 Block of State street.
- Fall from a bicycle in the 300 Block of North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Med call 1600 Block of San Andres for a female who fainted.
- Fall from a bicycle 400 Block of East Guiterrez.
- Neck injury Harder Stadium UCSB.
- Suspicious subject cutting bushes with a knife behind Rose Cafe in the 1800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Female crawling on the ground East Valley Road at San Ysidro in Montecito.
- 415 Transient disturbing at Starbucks in the 500 Block of State street.
- Theft investigation in the 1100 Block of Walnut.
- Vehicle Fire Highway 154 at Cold Springs Bridge.
- Juvenile skateboarders trespassing in the 100 Block of South Kellogg.
- Subject tried to pass a stolen credit card in the 800 Block of State street at a shop.
- Code 40, 415 Domestic in the 400 Block of Rancheria.
- 23152 Driver Grey Honda Civic Northbound on Cliff toward Hendrys Beach.
- Check the Welfare elderly female driver Off Ramp Castillo Underpass possible wrong way driver no bumper or license plate.
- Possible theft of dog on Hummel Drive.
- Live band Loud Music in the 6600 Block of Del Playa.
- Check the Welfare of a male leaning over the side railing of the La Cumbre Overcrossing.
- Report of a male shooting out passing vehicle windows with a .22 Rifle at Central and Cordova.
- 415 Domestic behind the Laundry in the 300 Block of North Milpas street.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Fire reported out Cabrillo at Milpas smoldering brush next to a grey tent Fire Department responded but I don't think they found anything.
- Suspicious circumstances strange odor coming from a white van in a parking lot in the 100 Block of West Alamar.
- Suspicious Package shaped like a brick wrapped in foil at the Pershing Park Tennis Courts.
- Check the Welfare of a female in a white Ford F-150 Parked in the 400 Block of North Voluntario.
- 2 Pedestrians hit by a vehicle Castillo at Padre.
- Motorcyclist down non injury De La Vina at Padre.
- Vehicle into a parked vehicle 6500 Block of Cordova possible DUI.
- Man screaming on the Rail Road tracks near Olive Mill and Jamenson Check the Welfare.
- Missing Juvenile on the Jesusita Trail as they were calling out Search and Rescue the kid was found safe and sound.
- Bee Hive Under a Picnic Table at Oak Park in the Sycamore area a police officer blocked off the area with caution tape to protect the bees says they will most likely bee gone by the end of the day
- 5 Gun Shots heard in the area of Skyline Circle and Fellowship Circle not sure if police found the source.
- 459 Audible burglary alarm Rite Aide Pharmacy 35 South Milpas.
- 415, 5150 Subject yelling on West Campus at SBCC 700 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Drunk Subject with a Dog 3500 Block of Circle Drive staggering.
- Suspicious vehicle Quarantina at Nopolitos an abandoned Grey Honda Civic with Air Bags Deployed.
- 415 Domestic in the 2900 Block of Los Positas.
- On Park Lane in Montecito a tree down.
- Highway 101 Castillo On Ramp or near Bath Street a subject down in a ravine reported to be possibly dead..CHP, AMR, City Fire Department dispatched 2 Fire Trucks the only person found was a subject sleeping on the side of the road.
- Suicidal and Violent Juvenile in Montecito 17 Year old took a bunch of pills and went off SBSO Responded and calmed him down rightaway. That was the 7th I heard over the weekend.
I got cut off earlier from ending what I was writing. What worked for me and my self-destruction was people showing that they cared and took an interest in me that is where I mentioned a mentor. When I first came to Santa Barbara my sister lived here and she had my Nephew, every Saturday I went over to their house and took my nephew Downtown to the movies, McDonalds, and State Street Arcade. One time I took him to Law Enforcement Day at De La Guerra Plaza and the little BassTurd told all the responders about all the crimes I committed back home. I almost did not get to leave. We really had alot of fun. Showing people you care when they are down helps. Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Pooh Bear, Angel Baby, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo,Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday..Later, Roger