Nonprofit of the Week: Santa Barbara Community Action Commission
Source: Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County
The Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County seeks to create opportunities for families so that they can achieve stability. Founded in 1964, the Community Action Committee was appointed by the County Board of Supervisors, and became a private non-profit by 1967. Soon, the CAC began operating a seniors program and an adult job-training program. It has kept expanding to include a wide variety of programs such as:
- Learning experiences and high quality care for children age 0-5
- Job training, education, and mentoring for teens and young adults
- Leadership, involvement, and educational opportunities for parents
- Healthy daily meals for children and seniors
- Improvements that make homes warmer, safer and more energy-efficient
The Commission has made great progress in the fight against poverty, but there's still a long way to go. You can help support CAC here.
Learn more on the Community Action Commission website.