Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
9:39 p.m., January 14, 2018

Looter call in Montecito in the area of Hot Springs and East Mountain, a truck driver spotted them in the woods lights on helmets. He called to them and they ran.

a-1593704831 Jan 16, 2018 05:13 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Per the Sheriff's report this evening: "There have been no incidents of theft or looting."

SBPaul Jan 15, 2018 12:35 PM
More Looters in Montecito

This is why the firing squad and public hanging were social institutions. I am not advocating for any reversal in our evolution but I hope this adds perspective. Everyone was and are just trying to survive and when someone did something like this its was responded to promptly and they were made an example of. This guy is gonna get a free attorney and a room full of people that assumed he as there to "help". We don't need people like this around. Ranks down with pedophiles and rapists.

Roger Jan 15, 2018 08:58 PM
More Looters in Montecito

BlahBlahBlah BlahBlah BlahBlah ....When ever I read gibberish defending the bad guys I know where it's coming from having been on that side of the law myself. When the bad guys get busted the Troll comments will stop.

SBPaul Jan 15, 2018 08:16 PM
More Looters in Montecito

You don't have an identity. Aspersions is not even a pertinent word. You are a number starting with A- and ending with I talk forever and don't make sense. Good night.

a-1593704831 Jan 15, 2018 08:11 PM
More Looters in Montecito

No more anonymous than "SBPAUL". You seem eager to jump to conclusions and cast aspersions. Is that, somehow, brave? Or just foolish?

a-1593704831 Jan 15, 2018 07:59 PM
More Looters in Montecito

I see. Facts aren't necessary to draw a conclusion and begin calling for stern retribution. Don't ever serve on a jury. There is no "guy" to defend. Just a report of one or more people with headlamps who left when accosted. Fantasy looters. Suspicious, sure, but hardly worthy of the certainty with which you make your assertions.

SBPaul Jan 15, 2018 07:38 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Go pass the bar and defend this guy he needs your help. I am not here for debate. My comment is on the influx in looting activity you don't know anything about that. I will move on... Anonymous. Brave.

a-1593704831 Jan 15, 2018 07:36 PM
More Looters in Montecito

And yet the information presented does not support the title. How did you determine that there was indeed a looter or looters?

SBPaul Jan 15, 2018 07:30 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Read the title. There is always a trial.. As I stated, the trial would be filled with insightful people like yourself... anonymous and assuming positive intent beyond logic and observation of any humanity and civility. You probably won't understand that but I tried.

a-1593704831 Jan 15, 2018 07:22 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Ah, so you know it was a looter. How was that determined?

SBPaul Jan 15, 2018 06:43 PM
More Looters in Montecito

I was commenting less about the violence of the consequence for looters and the like but the social and cultural outrage that was pertinent at the time and how we could relate to that today. No need to lynch anyone or shot in public! Just think its worth noting that this looter will be given luxuries that no one was ever given before him while he commits crimes that are way more frivolous and personally motivated. I don't think we need more of that around. Thanks for reporting on this. Not trying to be over dramatic.

Roger Jan 15, 2018 03:31 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Violence is not always the answer but if one had been the victim of a violent crime or several some would rather be armed than unarmed. For some criminals violence is always the answer, for those criminals violence is the solution.

Roger Jan 14, 2018 09:49 PM
More Looters in Montecito

Last but not least a gun was just found on one of the Olive Mill off ramps under the mud you find all kinds of stuff in the mud after a flood. Roger over and out.

Roger Jan 14, 2018 09:47 PM
More Looters in Montecito

I bet there will be more calls but I'm catching some shut eye. Will one team says there was a guy wearing a light on his helmet in his own shed getting some tools..On East Mountain so I don't know if there were others...