(Photo: Red Cross / Facebook)
The edhat staff has compiled a list of local businesses offering free or discounted services for those affected by the Thomas Fire and mudslide in Montecito. The following will be updated daily, please keep checking back.
Condor Express: Ferries running at 7am, 9am, 3pm, 4:30pm. More details here.
Island Packers: Ferries running at 7am, 10am, 2pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30pm. More details here.
- Preferred Rental Services are offering their rental listing as a free service to the families that have lost their home or have had it damaged by the fire/mudslide. Click here for PDF.
- Santa Barbara Association of Realtors created a list of furnished rentals here.
- Santa Barbara Travel Bureau is offering complimentary travel assistance, ranging from making lodging accommodations to transportation to, within, and outside the Santa Barbara/Ventura area. For assistance, please visit or contact their downtown office at 1028 State Street, 805-966-3116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat for Humanity is offering a 50% discount on all merchandise to those affected by the storm and fires.
Lull, an online mattress store, is donating free mattresses and bed frames to anyone affected by the recent mudslides in Santa Barbara. Email them at email@example.com to coordinate.
Goleta Valley Storage is offering a complimentary small storage unit (5×5) for families with homes that were destroyed as a way of helping those individuals collect and reestablish their belongings. Units will be gifted for a minimum of 3-6 months and available while supplies last. Call 805-964-3104 or email goletavalleyselfstorage@gmail.
FOOD / BEVERAGES
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. provides clean water for those in need. Bring your water container to the Santa Barbara Taproom at 137 Anacapa St.
- Sol Wave Offers Emergency Water Services, learn more here.
- Los Arroyos Restaurants is offering a free meal to first responders at their Downtown and Goleta locations.
- Mesa Burger is providing free meals to first responders and Montecito residents (315 Meigs Road)
- Sharkey’s Woodfired Mexican Restaurant is offering free meals to first responders and emergency personnel (7060 Hollister Ave in Goleta)
- Kanaloa Seafood is offering 25% off their market and restaurant for first responders and emergency personnel (715 Chapala Street in Santa Barbara)
CLOTHING / LAUNDRY
SeaVees is offering free shoes for anyone who is displaced or lost their home/belongings. They have a full-size run of styles in Men’s sizes 7-13 and Women’s sizes 5-11. Call (805) 774-1964 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Plum Goods (911 State Street) is offering special discounts on clothing, shoes, and personal effects for anyone affected by the recent disasters. Go inside the store and mention their deals.
Purnell Clothing is donating brand new men’s and women’s clothing to anyone who may be in need of rebuilding their wardrobe. Call (805) 845-0459 or come by their offices during regular business hours M-F in downtown Santa Barbara on 101 E. Victoria St.
Perfect Fit Montecito is offering clean water laundry custom services. Contact Patty at 805-444-3376.
Sheer Delights Lingerie and Accessories is giving a 40% Discount on bras, panties & bra/panty sets to female victims of Montecito mudslides & first responders. Simply bring any form of identification, mail listing of your Montecito address or present identification as a first responder. 422 N. Milpas, Street, Ste. 2 / 805-568-1145 (Offer good through April 2018)
Cutting Edge Salon at 5779 Calle Real Goleta is providing 10% off any service with a donation of food or clothing to their drop off box that will help restock our local Unity Shop Way and Food Bank.
- 1117 State Street (Downtown)
- 10 E. Yanonali Street (Funk Zone)
- 1221 Chapala Street (Chapala)
Computer Data Recovery
MacMechanic and TechEase are offering free data recovery for any computer damaged in the mudslides.
Out of Town Workspace – San Francisco
Knotel, a company that provides flexible office spaces, is offering space in San Francisco free of charge to anyone who needs a comfortable place to work. Knotel has tables, chairs and internet set up in its location in SOMA.
Kelly Sweda Photography is offering free photo shoots for family’s who lost all their photos during the fire and mudslides. Contact Kelly through her website.
- Zodo’s Bowling is offering free bowling sessions to anyone with a Montecito zip code. Visit between the hours of 9a-5p and show your ID with a 93108 zip code to receive this deal.
- Free admission to the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens through January 19
- Free Benefit Concert by the Santa Barbara Symphony on Thursday, January 18 at 7:30 pm at the Granada Theatre, featuring guitarist and artist-in-residence Pablo Sáinz Villegas accompanied by a small orchestra.
Do you have a local business with an offering? Email us at email@example.com to be added to this list.