Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High title=
Update by Santa Barbara Unified School District
1:10 p.m., October 18, 2019

Today, a lockout was initiated at Dos Pueblos High School due to an anonymous report we received that active shooters would come on to campus at 1:20 p.m.

The lockout was lifted after Dos Pueblos High School officials and Santa Barbara sheriff’s office conducted a thorough investigation, resulting in the admission by students that it was a hoax.

By an edhat reader
12:30 p.m., October 18, 2019

My co-worker said her daughter is on lockdown at Dos Pueblos High School. Any info on that?

Luvaduck Oct 19, 2019 08:13 AM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

It's unfortunate that adolescent lack of foresight & judgement causes problems and sometimes harsh punishment, but in this instance, zero toleration must be the rule. Treatened gun violence is not in the same category as pulling a fire alarm and running down the hall laughing (which merits punishment but less so.) It must be stressed at home and in school why this "hoax" is dangerous and won't be treated as one. A sign of our times (sigh).

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 05:22 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

They better investigate the two of them very seriously. This could easily have been a test run !

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 03:50 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

After school officials and law enforcement deal with these idiots maybe they can enforce the wreckless drivers I see every afternoon terrorizing the streets after school gets out at 3.

CoastWatch Oct 18, 2019 02:01 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

"HOAX" is the wrong description- It's a serious CRIMINAL OFFENSE and should be discussed and treated as such- Those kids AND their PARENTS need to face serious consequences.

Roger Oct 18, 2019 03:34 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

Oh believe me they will I have a friend who's kid wrote some stupid crap on a school desk and his life has never been the same though he lives in Ventura County.

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 01:54 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

Apparently, the first alert to parents was that the school was on lockdown or lockout due to a mountain lion sighting? There are some pretty upset parents on facebook!

giftedinSB Oct 18, 2019 01:52 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

What an enormous waste of time and resources. These students should face both academic and legal consequences.

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 02:03 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

Oh they will and then people will feel sorry for them because they just ruined their lives.

mrtrump Oct 18, 2019 01:26 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

@ 1:19- Exactly. All is not good. The sheriff's office did a very cursory investigation. There is no harm in closing the school early and allowing the sheriff's office to conduct a lengthy investigation, just to make sure there are no surprises. Let's be safe.

sbmomof2girls Oct 18, 2019 01:23 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

I dealt with it in school. It's dumb kids. I am saying "all is good" as in the threat is no longer valid and nothing is happening anymore.

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 01:19 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

at 1:17 - no, all is not good. This is truly disturbing that we have to deal with this as a society.

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 01:03 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

Please tell me those students are now arrested and in Juvenile hall! Are they sure it was just a hoax? Even if they admitted to it, I wouldn't even mess around with it. My kid would be home if he went there!

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 02:02 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

My friend's son once made an offhanded comment, totally was joking but the school system, the ENTIRE district, expelled him and he also was forced to undergo a psych eval. It's no joke! A few years ago when my daughter was at SMHS another student, a senior who was a great student, posted a video of students that had x's where girls eyes were and made comments online of RIP. He got expelled, probably lost his admission to Stanford, etc. It is NO joke, taken VERY seriously.

STGM Oct 18, 2019 12:59 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

From Parentsquare at 12:52 pm: Lockout lifted at Dos Pueblos High School We have lifted the lockout at Dos Pueblos High School. During fourth period, we received an anonymous report that active shooters would come on to campus at 1:20 p.m. In response, for the safety of students and staff, the school was placed on lockout. Dos Pueblos High School officials and Santa Barbara sheriff’s office conducted a thorough investigation, resulting in the admission by two students that it was a hoax. We will use ParentSquare to communicate any further information as appropriate.

a-1574221593 Oct 18, 2019 01:12 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

MRTRUMP - I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree 100% with you. I'm a parent and if my older son (8th grade at GV Jr High) was at DP today, I would have picked him up immediately. They can NOT mess around with this type of thing.

mrtrump Oct 18, 2019 01:04 PM
Hoax Locks Down Dos Pueblos High

A hoax? What if this "hoax" inspires some nutcase to go to the school for real? Better safe than sorry, evacuate the school.