Fundraiser for Family Displaced by Apartment Fire

By the edhat staff

An online fundraiser has been created to help a family whose apartment caught on fire the week of Christmas.

Just after midnight on December 22, a fire ripped through a four-unit apartment complex off Turnpike in the 4800 block of San Gordiano Ave.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Thankfully there were no severe injuries, but residents have been displaced, including the Ytting Family. 

According to GoFundMe, Torben Ytting was awoken this past Thursday morning by smoke filling the apartment he shares with his mother, Birgitte. He woke up Birgitte, grabbed his two dogs, and quickly left his apartment before it was fully engulfed in flames.

(courtesy photo)

Sadly, the family’s pet 10-year-old turtle and birds did not survive the fire. Birgitte is reportedly recovering in the hospital. 

Funds collected will be donated to Torben and Birgitte’s out-of-pocket expenses. 

“Torben is a supportive and generous friend and would gladly help anyone in a similar situation. Let’s help him this time!” the fundriaser page states. 

Donations can be made here.

Related Articles 

 December 22, 2022: Residents Displaced by Early Morning Apartment Fire


Written by Anonymous

What do you think?


0 Comments deleted by Administrator

Leave a Review or Comment

Parked Flights at SBA

Op-Ed: Trails Should Be for Hikers Too