Car Fire on SR-154

A vehicle caught fire on SR-154 near E. Camino Cielo is causing a major traffic delay.

Just before 3:30 p.m. on Friday, California Highway Patrol reported a teal Nissan Altima caught on fire. According to parties on scene, everyone was able to get out of the vehicle.

CHP reports heavy traffic in the area as all lanes are currently blocked. Santa Barbara County Fire Department and Los Padres Forest Service are on scene.

Edhat will update this article with more information as it becomes available.

a-1560926952 Jul 01, 2017 10:23 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

Shrug. I get Ellie's comment. But anything goes when it's online. I too don't think criticism of drivers is due when we don't know what caused the problem. Peace out.

420722 Jun 30, 2017 11:22 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

Ellie805-comprehension classes do wonders for the mind...as mountain man suggested I was just venting on a plethora of issues that happen on that poor mountain everyday. It's quite sad. Thanks for your retort though, it makes me remember that we're not all on the same page.

REX OF SB Jun 30, 2017 08:31 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

The driver was texting so fast that his Samsung Galaxy phone caught fire, thereby sparking the vehicular conflagration. This is what happens when you text and drive. The driver might as well have been holding on to a tin of napalm and a Zippo.

MountainMan4865 Jun 30, 2017 08:11 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

I think 420722 was attempting to address all the issues that seem to happen on the mountain in one breath. Hard to blame them.

Ellie805 Jun 30, 2017 07:16 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

@722: I was on 154 this afternoon and passed the car in question. It was pulled over to the side, hood open and emitting a lot of steam. There was nothing to indicate that the hapless couple had been drinking, knew that they were in a car that overheats, were not in possession of "proper hiking gear", or driving "like it's a race-course". Did I miss something ?

420722 Jun 30, 2017 05:13 PM
Car Fire on SR-154

Can you stay out of the mountains please if your drinking and driving, have a car that you know overheats, don't take proper hiking gear or drive on it like it's a racecourse. Thanks.