Brush Fire on Calle Real

Brush Fire on Calle Real near Patterson Ave. Initial reports state it's by a homeless encampment.

Roger Jul 26, 2020 07:13 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

Across from Mara Villa..SBSO RESPONDING FOR traffic control, county fire on scene..

winter Jul 26, 2020 07:16 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I am not surprised...often comment about the shopping carts there, fence crushed down.
Please, Goleta, do something...across from a senior complex.

Roger Jul 26, 2020 07:28 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I heard a call the other day Transients were in their parking lot..

MountainMan4865 Jul 26, 2020 07:29 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

We could see it from Painted Cave... sparse dark smoke, followed by big billowing white smoke which usually means someone's putting water on it.... Nice that Station 12 is right there. If you drive that section of Calle Real, with your eyes closed, you'd never know there was an encampment there.... I'm a little baffled by why there is any need for a fire in this weather. Seems odd.

Roger Jul 26, 2020 07:39 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I think the older folks are frightened of the camp and it's occupants there...

Roger Jul 26, 2020 07:41 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I think and it's my personal opinion that some people are setting the fires just my opinion no matter what the powers that be say.

MountainMan4865 Jul 26, 2020 08:10 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I completely agree, Roger. These fires are a new thing, and happening way too often.

3P14159 Jul 27, 2020 07:25 AM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

Does it matter ? fact is, the CHP/county/whoever has been NEGLIGENT with regards to brush and vegetation along the sides of 101.

a-1595962875 Jul 28, 2020 12:01 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I am too Roger. I doubt that we'll get through the summer without one of their fires burning down some homes. We've been lucky so far that we haven't had big winds with these fires....yet.

ScannerActivist Jul 26, 2020 07:29 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

Wow! Another one! That's like the 4th one this weekend now huh?

MountainMan4865 Jul 26, 2020 07:31 PM

***Pssst... Hi Roger! Thank you for all you do!****

cherplan Jul 27, 2020 10:25 AM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I have spoken to Mayor Perotte, and sent letters to Gregg Hart, Salud Carbajal and Governor Newsom about these fires. Mayor Perotte said that there is a task force which is discussing how to handle the fires. They are aware of the danger to surrounding residences and businesses. They are hampered by CDC guidelines which prevent them from ushering the homeless away from their campgrounds for fear of spreading the CORONA virus.
Several agencies are involved including the City, the County, CHP, and Union Pacific.
So guess we are left to pray that the wind direction doesn't carry embers onto our homes.

LCP112233 Jul 27, 2020 04:01 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

That's nice that the Mayor can blame the CDC. But the bum virus has been around for a much longer time than the Corona virus.

a-1595892735 Jul 27, 2020 04:32 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

"Guidelines" do not hamper; they only suggest. Do not accept her easy excuses. What is her action plan, now! Or get someone in who knows how to take charge.

comment349 Jul 27, 2020 10:54 AM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

I am afraid that our homeowners insurance could go up since this could put us in a high fire danger area.

lilbird Jul 27, 2020 01:16 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

Way too often! This is absurd! A monitored tent city on asphalt would be safer than weekly brush fires. There’s a lot of empty asphalt currently.

a-1595893420 Jul 27, 2020 04:43 PM
Brush Fire on Calle Real

It’s becoming a trend along that stretch. Sounds more like arson than homeless cooking fire...