Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

Bicycle vs Pedestrian at State at Ortega Streets. The bicyclist fled the scene.

Flicka Jul 05, 2019 08:57 AM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

How totally selfish people are who hit and run, riding bikes or driving cars, totally unconcerned about their victim, not stopping to help just running to save their own neck. Hope this guy was caught.

dennispgerman Jul 05, 2019 07:21 AM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

This is classic SB cyclist behavior. -Riding on the wrong side of the road -2+ abreast where there are bike lane such that at least 1 is in the car lane -running red lights -running stop signs -riding on sidewalks The police need to start issuing citations!

Luvaduck Jul 05, 2019 05:40 PM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

I ride and I agree. It's only a matter of time until someone making a right turn somewhere there's parked cars & shrubbery hits someone riding a bike the wrong way in a bike land or on the sidewalk. Guess it's necessary to state: Bikes go faster than people walking. Drivers look left, then right, then left. If a biker is coming from the right rather than the left, as is the law, the consequences can be fatal.

Ahchooo Jul 04, 2019 08:37 PM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

I agree, especially when they endanger pedestrians. Yesterday I saw a guy bicycling fast down the sidewalk in the 1000 block of State Street. Really unsafe, with all the tourists ambling around. Jerk.

shorebird Jul 04, 2019 07:02 PM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

I almost hit a bicycle rider yesterday downtown. Red light are not even a suggestion to some of them. This angry face of the guy without a helmet as I slammed on the brakes at a green light was priceless.

a-1569238525 Jul 04, 2019 05:37 PM
Bicyclist Hits Pedestrian on State Street

I have seen this shirtless cyclist several times riding up, then down State St. over and over again. He rides crazy fast, and out of control. "Traffic lights? What are traffic lights?" type of attitude. I think he's a menace.