Source: City of Goleta
The City of Goleta is still looking for volunteers for our upcoming Beautify Goleta community cleanup THIS Saturday, July 30th from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Join one of our five community cleanup locations, including our spotlight location which includes a bulky item drop off. Volunteers will get a FREE Beautify Goleta t-shirt while supplies last and be entered into a prize drawing. Please RSVP in advance athttps://tinyurl.com/2p97j84y so we can get a headcount for each location.
- Spotlight Location: Fairview/Kellogg: Meet at Elks Lodge #613 North Parking Lot (150 N Kellogg Ave); Community Cleanup from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and Bulky Item Drop Off 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Residents can bring furniture or other bulky items for disposal or recycling.
- Ellwood Bluffs: Meet at 9:00 a.m. sharp at Phelps Road and Cannon Green Drive
- Lake Los Carneros: Meet at 9:00 a.m. sharp at Lake Los Carneros Parking Lot (304 N Los Carneros Road)
- Girsh Park: Meet at 9:00 a.m. sharp at Girsh Park North Parking Lot (6987 Santa Felicia Drive)
- Evergreen Acres Park: Meet at 9:00 a.m. sharp at Evergreen Acres Park (Evergreen Drive and Spruce Drive)
The City would like to thank the Elks Lodge #613, Caltrans, MarBorg, and Big Green Cleaning for their event support. We are also thankful to our returning clean up volunteers and are excited to have Councilmember Roger Aceves with the Goleta Evening Rotary Club, Susan Klein-Rothschild, Jerry Lucera, Jennifer Smith, and Chris Briones as Captains.
The bulky item drop-off is in partnership with Caltrans and the Clean CA program. These statewide Dump Day events are made possible through Governor Gavin Newsom’s Clean California initiative, a sweeping $1.1 billion, multiyear clean-up effort led by Caltrans to keep roads and waterways free of litter, create thousands of jobs and transform state and local public spaces through beautification efforts. For more information on the Clean CA program, please visit Clean CA program online.
If your neighborhood does not have a Captain, you can still participate with a Self-Guided Cleanup.
Thank you for helping us keep Goleta healthy and beautiful!