Lawyer to Litigate Against City

I was hoping to inquire the Edhat community about finding a good lawyer. My particular situation would involve litigation against the city, specifically in regards to an unethical workplace where emotional distress occurs and illegal activity happens. As is obvious, I'm not certain which type of litigator can take on my case, which does concern itself with discrimination, nepotism, drug use by fellow employees, amongst other complaints and concerns. Just FYI, I am not the only person (as in, city employee) willing to sue.

Referral Category: 
Login to add Comments


Toggle Comments (Show)
sbmizzou Jun 15, 2017 09:14 AM
Lawyer to Litigate Against City

Most employment attorneys are members of California Employment Lawyers Association. They have a data base of members at In addition, David Myers of The Myers Law Group has an office in Santa Barbara, .CA but doesn't show up in CELA because his main office is in Rancho Cucamonga. He just sued the City of Santa Barbara on behalf of a couple of librarians. He took the City of Los Angeles to trial last year and won. Their number is 805-319-7829.

Bird Jun 13, 2017 08:37 AM
Lawyer to Litigate Against City

Other than calling the Lawyer Referral Service of the local Bar Assn., your best bet would be to review the various lawsuits against the City and determine who was or were the attorney(s). Then, check to see the outcome of the suits.

oops Jun 09, 2017 12:54 PM
Lawyer to Litigate Against City

You are talking about the city. You should be glad you don't work the county or state. These institutions are built on corruption and all the above....and don't get me started on the UC System.

Please Login or Register to comment on this.