Wind Warning & High Surf Advisory
Source: National Weather Service
GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST TODAY...
* WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt and combined seas 11 to 16 feet when conditions are worst.
* WHERE...Portions of the coastal waters of southwest California.
* WHEN...Until noon PST today.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will create dangerous sea conditions which could capsize or damage small and large vessels.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...See the Coastal Waters Forecast (CWFLOX).
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions. Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the vessel for severe conditions.
HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Large breaking waves of 5 to 7 feet, building to 6 to 9 feet tonight through Thursday, the slowly subsiding through Friday. Highest waves on exposed, west facing beaches. Strong rip currents are expected.
* WHERE...West facing beaches of the Santa Barbara County South Coast and the L.A. County Coast.
* WHEN...Until 8 PM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large breaking waves can cause injury, wash people off beaches and rocks, and capsize small boats near shore.
Remain out of the water due to dangerous surf conditions, or stay near occupied lifeguard towers. Rock jetties can be deadly in such conditions, stay off the rocks.