Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

A female is threatening to shoot people at the DMV. SBPD is on the way.

EricL Dec 06, 2019 10:01 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Bear in mind that most initial reports get details wrong. It might not be a woman, she might not have made a threat to shoot anyone (or a threat at all) and she might not be at the DMV. Then there’s the assumptions. People assume she’s a customer. What if she’s a homeless person? Or a DMV employee? Or even just a passerby having an altercation with someone there? Did she make a very specific, plausible threat or just vent and some over sensitive person took it too seriously? We’ll never know until the final report comes out.

a-1579355809 Dec 06, 2019 07:11 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Like others, I made an appointment to renew my license and I had no wait. The man who helped me was helpful and I even got him laughing at one point.

mattyboy Dec 06, 2019 05:47 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Maybe she wasn't annoyed with the staff, but with the 100 other people ahead of her in the line that hold you up for 3 hours and then don't have the required documents or have 300 questions when they get to the head of the line.

Bodyboarder73 Dec 06, 2019 12:31 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

I have to go in every year for my license and even if you don't make an appointment the wait is never over an hour. I don't think this was about the wait time. It was most likely about something else. I enjoy seeing our local DMV crew every year. They are very kind and patient.

Bodyboarder73 Dec 06, 2019 03:19 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Ugh no, I have no choice because I'm a commercial class a driver and I'm held to a higher standard than class c drivers and I have to update my medical exam every year. I used to skate too. But I got injured really bad.

Bodyboarder73 Dec 06, 2019 03:20 PM

Bodyboarder73 Dec 06, 2019 03:20 PM

Bodyboarder73 Dec 06, 2019 03:20 PM

ZeroHawk Dec 06, 2019 01:05 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

just curious...why do you go EVERY year? California DL doesn't renew each year. Or maybe you just like hanging out there? I skate the parking lot at night...but that's different.

a-1579355809 Dec 05, 2019 11:01 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Be smart and make an appointment. I don't get why anyone would just drop in at the DMV and then complain about the wait. As for the clerks, I wouldn't want their jobs. No way. What a life, having to put up with rude and anxious people all day long, day in and day out. I have yet to have a DMV clerk treat me badly. The worst thing that happened was when my aged Mother finally gave in and gave up her license. The silly woman who waited on us took one look at my Mom's license (my 85+ Mom who was shrinking due to aging process) and said to Mom, "Oh! YOU'RE not 5'2". There's NO WAY you're that tall." That clerk was an insensitive idiot, but you sometimes meet those kinds of people in life. Still . . . what a stupid thing to say.

ZeroHawk Dec 06, 2019 01:07 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

because sometimes you can't wait 2 months for the appointment. my license (and truck) were stolen. i made an appointment. 2 1/2 month wait lol...yeah i went in, waited 2 hours and was done. appointments rarely help.

JoggerJoe Dec 05, 2019 06:46 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

DMV has Kiosks in our local grocery stores too. I went to Ralph's in Goleta and it was so easy. Got my registration tags in less than 5 minutes! You can look up Kiosks near you on DMV website. I will always go to a kiosk from now on. Very user friendly.

a-1579355809 Dec 06, 2019 10:15 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

There is also a fee to do that! Only free way is to mail a check or drop it the box at dmv and then you wait for tags to come in mail. All depends what makes the most sense for your schedule! The Ralph's kiosk provides you with the tags and printed registration right there, super quick process.

a-1579355809 Dec 06, 2019 07:53 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Googled and found a list of dmv now kiosks! Only bummer is that there are transaction fees of 2.1%. 2.3% in office and also 2.1 for payments over the phone. For my $450 registration that's almost another $10. Only way to save that is to mail a check and wait. Looking like Ralph's kiosk is what I want to do this year. Thanks for the info!

Chip of SB Dec 05, 2019 06:35 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

I would highly recommend AAA. They can handle pretty much any DMV business short of issuing a driver's license. Super friendly staff and wait time is minimal. It's truly everything the DMV should be but isn't. Avoiding even one DMV visit is well worth the price of a AAA membership.

jqb Dec 06, 2019 11:51 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Maybe it's just you who didn't learn in school about division and denominators. You definitely do not pay more in taxes *that go to the DMV* than a AAA membership.

RHS Dec 06, 2019 10:05 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

If everyone paid the costs of a AAA membership the service at the DMV would be at least as good. Don't you get it? Keeping government offices at low staff and resource levels (like the Post Office and public schools for example) is part of the on going purpose to privatize everything in the US so that corporate entities and their funders can plunder the public purse.

Zenyatta19 Dec 05, 2019 11:01 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

MTNDRIVER - I agree. I go to the DMV in Goleta and I make an appointment. I have never been treated rudely and I have never been there longer than a half an hour.

shorebird Dec 05, 2019 08:05 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

I made an appointment. When I said “I have an appointment.” Was told to get in another line. Having an appointment didn’t seem to make any difference at all. After being in 4 separate lines I finally got my picture taken for my new driver’s license. Arrived at 8a when they opened. Finished at 11:45, just in time for lunch. No one was rude. It was just a case of several blank stares and suggestions to get in another line.

MountainMan4865 Dec 05, 2019 05:34 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

The DMV can be a frustrating place. I bring my knitting and resign to be there all day. Happy surprise when it's only 3 hours.

giftedinSB Dec 06, 2019 08:46 AM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Make an appointment! I recommend the Goleta office over the SB location, Goleta is very efficient - sees you on time and will get you out in 15-20 minutes!

Roger Dec 05, 2019 04:45 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

Wearing a black skirt, pink jacket haven't confirmed weather or not she had a weapon but it does not really matter one can still get in BIG trouble for that sort of thing.

Roger Dec 05, 2019 04:43 PM
Subject Threatening to Shoot People at DMV

She is leaving the scene East on Cota street You cannot threaten people like that especially in a Government building you can get in BIG trouble.