State Street Arrest Caught on Tape title=
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

An edhat reader captured a spur of the moment arrest on State Street near Mission through a dashcam video.

It's unclear what the arrest was for and details are currently unknown.

Watch the full video below:

A post shared by Nick (@americanv8guy) on

Edhat Staff Jan 30, 2018 12:07 PM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

Thanks for your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns regarding edhat and our policies, we recommend you contact us directly at ed@edhat.com so the comments section can be freed up for community discussion on the topic at hand.

Edhat Staff Jan 30, 2018 11:22 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

It was a public post in a public setting. An official request has not been submitted by law enforcement to remove it.

SBPaul Jan 27, 2018 09:36 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

ED. I think this is great that we are able to share personal experiences on here. I don't know for sure in this case but I would speculate that this video is not available because it has sensitive information in it. We still have a thumbnail on Edhat that clearly shows the undercover car's license # with no clear image of the suspect or the under cover officers. Since the video is gone I think it may be worth considering the impacts the remaining thumbnail will have on our law enforcement. They have enough on their hands to have to go swapping plates out.

WorldTraveler Jan 27, 2018 02:04 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

Did you know that there's a little button located on your computer that allows you to mute it? Funny, huh? I'm the one that uploaded this video. The song you hear in the video is what was playing in my car at the time. I wasn't planning on seeing such an event unfold before me, so I apologize for not having a more worthy soundtrack to suit your needs.

REX OF SB Jan 26, 2018 04:54 PM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

How cool! Re: the "soundtrack," it appears that the radio just happened to be on in the car that was filming the event.

a-1537867640 Jan 26, 2018 08:01 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

Looks like it was more of a training exercise than an actual arrest. They handled "the perp" much too gently. Good video though.

a-1537867640 Jan 31, 2018 03:30 AM

a-1537867640 Jan 31, 2018 03:31 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

@SBPAUL American cops rush out with guns drawn on people for absolutely no reason all the time...

SBPaul Jan 27, 2018 09:27 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

I am sure it was concerning to see and I can appreciate that. Imagine being the officer who is doing a felony stop in front of a head shop and a gun shop. In a perfect world there would have been a trailing car before you that would have kept you from being so close to the scene but they may have only had a few moments notice. I am speculating here but my guess for the urgency had something to do with a gun shop. The guy may have been known to be armed and also be a documented felon trying to sell or purchase a weapon illegally. Not an ideal situation but you can probably get why they were so willing to rush out guns drawn. Another thing is posting this online could get you into a situation you really don't want. That guy is getting a gun pointed at him for a reason and I would bet he does not appreciate the added publicity. It looks like the video is down. Also you may want to consider reaching out to the police with your concern before blasting this online. They may have told you that these undercover officer's don't need their identities compromised and asked you nicely to not post the video but of course take your feedback to do things better in the future. Just saying.

WorldTraveler Jan 27, 2018 02:08 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

I'm the one that captured this on film. I can assure you that this was not "staged". I had to slam on my brakes in order to avoid colliding with the unmarked vehicle ahead of me (as they did so too, suddenly, and quite abruptly, as is seen in the video). They may have handled the take down well, but I honestly think that it was in fact a poor way to do so. I was stuck behind the officers, almost right next to the suspect's vehicle, with nowhere to go. Fortunately, he went down "peacefully", but seeing three men with handguns drawn emerge from a vehicle in front of you is pretty startling, no matter who you are.

a-1537867640 Jan 26, 2018 10:37 AM
State Street Arrest Caught on Tape

I hope so but I kind of doubt it, seemed mildly dangerous to execute with the (assumed civilian) dash cam car only feet away? You never know who's armed and desperate...