Montecito Club Reopens After $75 Million Renovation
By edhat staff
After more than three and a half years, Ty Warner reopened Montecito Club on Friday to showcase the renovation of this 101-year-old property as well as the new Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
“My goal was to create the best country club in the world. The Montecito Club honors the legacy of the property and the game of golf while imparting a new, luxury standard that caters to multi-generations. This is a place where Members can pursue individual passions and interests and also connect with family members and friends in engaging, meaningful ways. We have combined the best of the best,” said Warner.
A three-minute drive from the Pacific Ocean, Members will enter the Club through a private, guarded entryway. The road is lined by green fairways and a tropical landscape offering views of the Pacific Ocean and the Channel Islands on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other side.
Montecito Club’s Great Room includes rare Persian, hand-woven carpets along long-planked, old-growth oak floors. All of the solid African mahogany doors were hand-carved in Fez, Morocco while custom-designed Swarovski Crystal chandeliers and gold leaf Venetian plaster ceilings are within three private seating areas.
The new club features:
- a 4,800 square foot ballroom
- a 6,500 square foot Fitness Center with a Kids Club
- state of the art screening room and movie theatre named the Dolby Atmos Theatre with a concession area
- AMF Bowling Alley complete with arcade games
- Indoor/Outdoor bar
- a golf shop
- women's locker and lounge
- men's locker and lounge bar
- "The Pools" which hold 283,000 gallons of water, the largest private club pool complex in California
- Tennis Courts and Tennis Shop
- A Recreation Lawn that includes a sport court for pickleball and basketball, soccer field with goals, artificial turf sledding hill, baseball batting cage with a pitching machine and three full-swing golf hitting bays with a Trackman outdoor simulator.
For more casual lunch dining the club offers the Member's Grill focused on Mediterranean-inspired cuisine prepared by award-winning Executive Chef Jamie West. Lunch menu dishes range from Greek Chicken Wraps, Za’atar spiced hummus with house marinated olives and pita chips, and custom salads. For dinner Chef West’s offers Spanish influenced Red Snapper Veracruz with a tomato relish with Spanish olives and piquillo peppers or one of his most famous dishes of “Chicken under a Brick” with Truffle Mac & Cheese.
A reserve Wine Room offers a tasting of over 1,000 vintage wines and champagne as well as 36 private wine lockers open to Members.
The Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course includes an 18-hole, par-71, 6,540-yard course that features two on-course casitas located at the 5th and 15th holes.
On March 30, Jack Nicklaus will join Montecito Club Members and help celebrate the official opening of his Signature Course, highlighted by a Q&A session with the members, moderated by Jim Gray of NBC Sports and will be followed by a ceremonial first tee shot from the Golden Bear.