Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

There's a medical emergency at Leadbetter Beach for an unresponsive subject who was possibly in the water. While being transported by Harbor Patrol the subject became responsive and uncooperative, SB Police Department responded code 3 with lights and sirens to assist.

Roger Jul 10, 2019 05:34 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

Happens all the time usually in cases where the patient is drunk or under the influence or they become combative some do having suffered a medical emergency which might make them not themselves...When there is another reporting party some are given the choice not all I have been given the choice myself before so I know. In this case the Medics are concerned because the report was Unresponsive male possibly in the water which sounds almost like a drowning where there usually is a loss of oxygen so if suddenly the patient becomes responsive after being unresponsive then uncooperative it could be a head injury of some sort.

a-1574064919 Jul 10, 2019 04:50 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

What kind of comment is this? Why would a Medical Emergency go to jail? Makes no sense unless you didn't report something. ANYONE can refuse medical transport.

a-1574064919 Jul 10, 2019 03:18 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

Medical hostage! I would not want to be hauled to hospital against my will!!!!! They will send a huge bill too! This should be illegal.

a-1574064919 Jul 10, 2019 06:49 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

You're assuming the patient was in his/her right mind. I trust that the responding officers would be the best judge of that. If this was some drunk/under the influence of whateverb substance transient, where do you think the "huge bill" will be sent?

a-1574064919 Jul 10, 2019 06:14 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

Unresponsive in the water... This sounds pretty dangerous to me. Our local emergency responders are pretty savvy and they aren't quick to force something like a hospital visit. Medical hostage? That's strange and funny!!

Bug Girl Jul 10, 2019 03:21 PM
Medical Emergency at Leadbetter Beach

agreed. If i'm taking a nap on the beach and wake up being transported by the hospital I'll be very pissed off. I can't afford an ambulance!