Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession title=

Source: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office

A Sheriff’s deputy interrupted the theft of avocados at a ranch in Goleta and arrested a Lompoc man for the grand theft of fruit as well as narcotics charges. On Sunday, May 8, 2022, Sheriff’s Deputy Special Duty Hartley Freedman was patrolling the Goleta area when he noticed a vehicle stopped on the shoulder of the roadway in the 6900-block of Cathedral Oaks Road. The deputy contacted 44-year-old Tim Rounds of Lompoc walking nearby, wearing a headlamp on his forehead, and holding a bucket of avocados. The deputy also noticed a bag of methamphetamine on the dashboard of the vehicle.

During a search of the vehicle, deputies discovered a methamphetamine pipe and a trunk full of avocados. Deputies contacted the owner of the ranch and learned that Rounds did not have permission to harvest their avocados. Deputies arrested Rounds for grand theft of fruit (felony), possession of a controlled substance (misdemeanor), and possession of drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor). He was booked at the Main Jail and released without bail in compliance with the local court’s extension of Emergency Rule 4. The avocados were photographed and returned to the ranch owner.

edney May 11, 2022 12:49 PM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

Great insights here on meth logic.
1. Leave meth on dash so it doesn't get lost and for ease of use.
1A. Meth has nothing to do with my behavior

2. There is no connection between this bucket of stolen avocados and all the similar avocados in the trunk of my car.

3. The real thief is the Deputy who caught me with the bucket of stolen avocados and discovered the avocados in my trunk
3A. I demand the return of the avocados and the meth

Luvaduck May 10, 2022 09:03 AM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

Last year the orange tree in my front area was loaded with fruit. One morning, there were none: A thief in the night had stripped my tree. I had paid for water, plant food and had invested a lot of time in insect and gopher control. The oranges were the equivalent of a week's wages for me in time spent and materials. This year, I barely watered, didn't feed, didn't deal with pests. The fruit are few and small. I planted an orange tree my backyard. It'll be years before I can donate to the Food Bank and can have orange juice for breakfast. Catch these thieves and put them on a work detail to pay for their crime.

mm1970 May 10, 2022 09:42 AM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

That happened to a friend in the Bay Area and their apricot tree, the year they bought the house. Being a techie (this was a couple of decades ago), the next year he set up a hidden camera to catch the thief in the act.

It happened again, the following year, just as the apricots were ready to pick. The video showed...a family of raccoons stripped that thing bare!

Hidden circle 2 May 09, 2022 09:44 PM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

You know papers and news feed shouldn’t be able to write about things before they go to court and a judgment has been issued look at all the judgments that pass from a story that’s not true. A lot of misleading when it comes to this paper, should try getting all that facts and not just write to make people look guilty before they even go to court to many sheep followers.

a-1652197521 May 10, 2022 08:45 AM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

Hidden Circle 2 - I don't know the particulars and frankly I don't care. But I do agree there should be some sort of standards on releasing the person's name. Unless there is a threat to the public, we should remain innocent until proven guilty and that goes for publishing names prior to conviction. When the threshold for probable cause is rather low, we should refrain from ruining peoples lives by printing their names until they are found guilty. Our judicial system from the bottom up needs to be reformed. Penal Code laws and tax laws should be massively overhauled to make it easier to comply and easier to defend.

Hidden circle 2 May 09, 2022 09:06 PM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

You know if your going to be a sheriff you should have better common sense. Man with broken shoulder wasn’t climbing fence with bob wire. Also know your law tree branch over property line into public space becomes public property.

cwazny May 10, 2022 02:15 PM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

HIDDEN CIRCLE 2 - It's "barbed wire", not "bob wire". And, there are NO avocado trees anywhere near the fences on the 6900 block of Cathedral Oaks. So, where did you get the bucket of avocados when you got busted? The same place you found the Zodiak I suppose?

Hidden circle 2 May 09, 2022 08:55 PM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

To many of you are judgmental. First off that sheriff was wrong none of those avacodos belong to that ranch. Those in the trunk I had permission for those. But because he says it you sheep follow it. Those avacodos were stolen there right about that but they were stolen from me as the other stuff because it’s my car and no one fesses up to it I get the blame remember innocent till proven guilty. That ranch had no right to take them there were only 8-10 in a bucket which I picked on the outside of the property line which I have all rights to do it and let me add I just had shoulder surgery so I wasn’t jumping no fence to get in being I can’t use my right arm.

cwazny May 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

Well HIDDEN CIRCLE 2... good luck with that steaming pile of logic. Perhaps when they finally put you away, you can get off the meth and learn how to write properly. Also, he's not a sheriff, he's a deputy sheriff. Steal any more boats lately? Stop breaking the law!

SBSand May 10, 2022 07:44 AM
Lompoc Man Arrested for Stealing Avocados and Drug Possession

Ohhhh I see! And when you were picking them were you on your own property? Or someone else's private property? Or were you truly on public property? Seems like an excessive amount of fruit for you to be able to pick without reaching onto their property to get those avos.