Detectives Arrest Wanted Felon with Loaded Firearm
Source: Santa Barbara Police Department
On April 27, 2021, around 7:30am, Santa Barbara Police Detectives were in the area of 300 West Mission Street conducting follow-up to an investigation. Unrelated, Detectives recognized a subject matching the description of a wanted person. The subject, Jose Miguel Gonzalez (Goleta resident), 30 years old, had 5 active warrants for his arrest.
Gonzalez appeared to have noticed the Detectives and tried to conceal himself. Detectives attempted to detain him and Gonzalez fled on foot across West Mission Street. Detectives gave chase apprehending him in the 300 block of West Pedregosa Street. While attempting to detain Gonzalez, Detectives noticed he was reaching in his waistband. Gonzalez actively resisted Detectives, however they were able to control his movements and handcuff him safely. Two Officers were injured during the struggle. Several other Officers and Detectives arrived on scene to assist.
During the arrest, Detectives located a loaded handgun concealed in Gonzalez’ waistband. In addition to the handgun, Detectives located a hidden fixed blade knife, narcotics, burglary tools, and narcotic paraphernalia. It was also determined Gonzalez is on active probation and has been convicted of felonies in the past.
Gonzalez was booked in Santa Barbara County Jail for the following charges:
- 69 PC – Resisting an Officer with Violence (Felony)
- 29800 PC – Felon in Possession of a Firearm (Felony)
- 30305 PC – Felon in Possession of Live Ammunition (Felony)
- 21310 PC – Carrying a Concealed Dagger (Felony)
- 29825 PC – Person Prohibited from Possession of a Firearm (Felony)
- 12022.1 PC – Commit Felony while out on Bail (Felony)
- 148(a)(1) PC – Obstruct/Delay an Officer (Misdemeanor)
- 11377 H&S – Possession of Narcotics (Misdemeanor)
- 11364 H&S – Possession of Narcotic Paraphernalia (Misdemeanor)
- 466 PC – Possession of Burglary Tools (Misdemeanor)
Gonzalez was also booked on the above mentioned 5 active outstanding warrants and is being held without bail.