Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

Combative shoplifter at 3805 State Street in Macy's, the suspect after being caught started assaulting security by kicking them.

Roger Nov 25, 2018 05:32 PM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

The first call out was for a 484 Shoplifter in custody, Cooperative which does not warrant a "Drop everything code 3 lights and sirens response." The officers were on their way when that call went out...There might have been a more important call that came after somewhere else that would warrant an emergency call..I heard the original call go out then alittle while later heard a 2nd call go out that the female was Combative and kicking the security guards. That was when every other call became not as important and police responded Code 3 they were on scene quick them...If they would have said the shoplifter was combative in the first place (It would have been a lie) But the police would have been there rightaway....That is how calls are responded to Emergencies first.

a-1573795547 Nov 25, 2018 10:26 AM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

I was there too. When I initially walked into the incident I thought it a domestic issue, but quickly figured out it was a plain clothed security guard against who probably was a career shoplifter and was brazen enough to keep screaming and battling in front of her traumatized crying toddler, never relinquished her bag, and in the end looks like her combative performance won. The security guard exercised great grace under fire, always remained calm and consistent w his requests. My thought was why was there not more back up? Other plain clothed security guards were monitoring the door and said they had it handled and that this woman was a repeat offender and they knew her. I’m thinking it took that long for police to show up? I was not witness to her final escape. The whole evening was disturbing. Sad for that baby and her selfish mom who allowed the scene to unfold and continue. Civil discourse no longer part of the picture, even w innocent children present. Sad for retail. Really Macy’s was pretty empty, entire mall a ghost town. Except for Lure, they were popping. Food still brings people together. Anyway, the young man really handled a difficult situation well. Maintained his cool. No unnecessary escalation on his end.

Luvaduck Nov 25, 2018 07:33 AM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

Too late to do your Xmas shop-lifting early, but seriously, this is a good time to contribute to the charities collecting toys for kids. Times are hard for some families and also some college students. I don't know of any group that gives anything, even a candy bar, to them.

Roger Nov 25, 2018 08:21 AM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

I'd have to shoplift to donate toys I had planned to buy a toy and drop it in the box at the bank but am overwhelmed at this point with expenses I will probably still do it...I did order a stuffed animal dog for one little girl who's family is down on their luck..We will see how it all works out. Maybe if I dress up as Santa Claus and get a toy bag I can shoplift a few toys for those kids...heehee I bet someone tries it.

Roger Nov 25, 2018 06:32 AM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

Thanks for the info years ago I busted a young woman with her baby in a stroller for shoplifting at JC Penny's downtown as a security guy I did not like doing it even though she had it coming. I only kept the job a few days the employees were stealing more than anyone else and most got a free ride.

PurpleBee Nov 25, 2018 01:08 AM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

I was there on Friday night and saw something similar. Someone came out of the doors facing Vons and started screaming. A few seconds later a car alarm went off. Sounds of screaming continued with sounds like a physical struggle. The car alarm finally went off and three Police cars showed up followed by an ambulance and an arrest of a young woman, who it looked like asset management for Macy's had detained. The patrons of Lure were not amused.

Feather Lady Nov 24, 2018 09:31 PM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

She was fighting with security in front of her baby who was inches away in the sroller. The baby girl was terrified and crying. Heartbreaking. She walk away with her baby at one point then left her baby alone and walked back after security quard to get her purse. The security gaurd never lost his cool. Great job.

Roger Nov 24, 2018 07:49 PM
Combative Shoplifter at Macy's

In an attempt to get away SBPD responded code 3 the female got away and left in a grey Nissan van with Oregon Plates.