Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

Vehicle vs bicyclist a mile and a half up Painted Cave from Manzanita.

hilltopperson Oct 09, 2019 05:38 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

It looks like the injured cyclist is on the road to recovery - https://www.noozhawk.com/article/cyclist_critically_injured_in_collision_on_painted_cave_road

MountainMan4865 Oct 08, 2019 08:10 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

He had no ID on him. A repair kit and a locked cell phone was all that was on him. Please, ANY cyclist... if you are planning on going down a windy mountain road at a high rate of speed, please carry some form of ID with you. I picked up a cyclist, covered in blood, in shock, because his tire blew on the "W"s on Old San Marcos. It's not just vehicles... it's a dangerous path.

MountainMan4865 Oct 08, 2019 09:55 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

I would like to say that I/we could remember - we were focused on more important things. His pants were black, helmet, white. I think his jersey was cheveroned with colors, could have been black, white and red... Was concentrating more on the person. Heard that there were a couple of cyclists heading down ahead of him, but no one came up.... so don't know if he was with a group or traveling alone.

umd Oct 08, 2019 09:31 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

Since you say he didn’t have ID I am going to assume you found him or saw him shirt after. Do you know if he was wearing a red and blue striped/checked top? Or something else?

Zenyatta19 Oct 08, 2019 07:44 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

I was heading north on 154 after the bridge to no where and saw the ambulance coming behind me so I pulled off the road. No one else did on either side. There is plenty of room and two northbound lanes on that stretch of 154. The ambulance got stuck behind several cars who instead of pulling over just slowed down. Time is so critical in an emergency and some people shouldn’t be driving at all, let alone on that road.

CoastWatch Oct 08, 2019 07:12 PM
Bicyclist Struck by Vehicle on Painted Cave

ANY bicycle rider ANYWHERE on 154 is an IDIOT. Sure, you can do it, but your not only endangering yourself, but all the other vehicle drivers on the pass as well...