2022 Best Things to Buy on Black Friday
By the edhat staff
Compare to last year, 28% of Americans are expected to spend less this holiday season. According to WalletHub's report, 27% of items offer no savings compared with their pre-Black Friday prices.
To find out whether shoppers are really getting the best deals, WalletHub compared the “Pre-Black Friday Price” against the actual Black Friday price of a broad selection of items. In doing so, WalletHub identified the offers that are truly worth the hassle of partaking in the year’s biggest shopping craze.
Top 10 Deals (Additional Discount for Waiting Until Black Friday)
|1. Osaki TITAN Pro 8500 Massage Chair ($1,156)||6. Trinity 6-Pc. Garage Storage System ($500)|
|2. LG gram 17" Evo Laptop ($316)||7. Therabody RecoveryAir Compression System ($399)|
|3. Beautyrest 12" King Size Mattress ($399)||8. Samsung 28.2 cu. Ft. 3-Door Refrigerator ($351)|
|4. Yeyian Gaming Desktop Kunai X21 ($300)||9. Pit Boss Navigator 850 Wood Pellet Grill ($409)|
|5. Lenovo ThinkStation P340 ($478)||10. SanDisk Portable 2TB External USB-C SSD ($310)|
|Top 3 Product Categories||Worst 3 Product Categories|
|1. Consumer Packaged Goods (34%)||7. All Other Product Categories (26%)|
|2. Appliances (30%)||8. Toys (26%)|
|3. Furniture (29%)||9. Computers & Phones (22%)|
“Electronics are always discounted, and one can get excellent deals if one shops around. This includes items such as televisions, computers, robotic vacuum cleaners, home security systems, smartphones, and smartwatches. This year consumers should also look for discounted membership subscription deals,” said Denise T. Ogden, Ph.D. – Professor, Penn State Lehigh Valley. "“Make a list of the gifts you plan to buy then use price-checking websites or extensions to try to find the best deal. Stick to your list or you will overspend as you find other great deals!”
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-items-for-black-friday/16901, and for the latest Black Friday deals (updated daily), visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/black-friday-ads/16713
Other Holiday Shopping Deals
- JCPenney, Belk and Macy’s are 2022’s Best Places to Shop on Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 53%.
- Around 13% of items at major retailers will be more expensive on Black Friday than their current Amazon.com prices.
- Consumer packaged goods will offer the most value on Black Friday 2022 relative to their current prices, while computers and phones are expected to have the least rewarding deals.
- 50% of people say Santa will be less generous this year due to inflation, according to WalletHub’s 2021 Holiday Shopping Survey.
- Amazon, Walmart and Target top the list of 2022’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $300+ with one of 2022’s Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping.
- Some consumers already have access to little-known credit card benefits that can come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection and coverage for damaged or stolen items.
- 100% of store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you 17%.5 off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2022 Store Card Landscape Report.
- 40% of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.