Scanner Reports 1-27-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Been thinking of the little Boogers running around the EastSide committing vandalism and cussing people out wondering if they are still doing it. If they are, feel free to comment on the area and their actions. Every time I hear of kids doing things like this I think maybe they cannot find better things to do then I forget my own childhood which wasn't innocent by a long shot. There were reasons for it when someone took their anger out on me I took mine out on others but mostly I took my anger out on things. The answer for me was people who cared turned me right around took a few years.
There are a lot of things to do here that are Free of Charge, you don't have to pay to go swimming in the ocean, or riding a bicycle, you have to have a bicycle preferably your own. Hiking is free too, there are many trails to discover. There is Horseback riding not too far away, Boys and Girls Clubs, there are a lot of things to do here other than getting in trouble. Listening to a call right now, Juvenile ripped off a bicycle on Quinientos street and was followed home by the victim, police are responding. When I was growing up we had a lot of stuff to do too. You could go to the movies, go bowling, we had a place called Wrights Barn Yard in Lansing, Illinois they had one of those big slides 4 stories high you sat on a potato sack and went down it for .25 cents, they also had go-karts, and a game room with pinball machines, a pool table, air hockey, etc.
My hometown had an Army-Navy store and a Trick Shop we all went to, there was a roller-skating rink, in the wintertime, there was ice skating everywhere there was frozen water. There was a church in my neighborhood that built a huge gym and on the weekends all of us kids could go in there and play basketball, there were other churches that opened up in the evenings had arts/crafts, pool tables, ping pong tables no shortage of things kids can do but some kids like myself choose to get into trouble instead. I was a little Bass Turd. Though I was hurt by someone, I did not have the right to damage other people's property and many times I paid in ways that taught me not to do it again though people cannot go around beating the shit out of kids anymore especially kids that are not theirs, but back then some parents were ok with it especially if the parent did not have to pay for what their kid did. Example: I used to love to throw snowballs at vehicles. One time I was standing on the side of the Borman Expressway with a hard-packed snow/ice ball in my hand waiting for just the right Truck to come along, it did. I put everything I had into that overhand throw right into the driver's side windshield. I did not expect the trucker to hit the brakes but he wasn't from Indiana he was from the country in Tennessee and I was about to get my ass kicked. The only escape was over a 4 foot chain link fence that was left jagged on top there was no protection for hands or other limbs if one got stuck halfway on the fence which is what happened to me I was exactly halfway over when that man got ahold of me and dragged me down the fence toward his truck so he could show me the damage I caused to the windshield of his truck.
After dragging me fifty feet or so he dragged me toward the front of his truck there was a crack on his side of the windshield he did not beat me up after dragging me across that chain link fence I had enough cuts and scrapes to last along time and I was afraid to look down there for a while. He did a lot of yelling and shook me up a bit but he did not call the police or take me home to my folks it was enough to cure me of throwing snowballs at vehicles on the freeway, I continued to throw snowballs on the surface streets especially at police cars, and Catholic Priests, though I don't do it anymore. Anyway, though kids might be under 18 and therefore might not get into as much trouble because of their age they commit crime because they choose too there are plenty of things to do in Santa Barbara besides Crime. If you are being victimized by a juvenile, or juveniles feel free to post it here, there, Anywhere...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Suspicious circumstances Loves Towing something to do with a black pickup truck
- 1000 Block of West Cook Med call.
- 3 Subjects drinking beer and yelling near the Bank 914 Carpinteria Street
- 415pc Camper 2700 Block of Vernon Road.
- Suspicious Subject panhandling in the 1100 Block of State street Aggressive panhandling HMA
- Cacique foot bridge premises check.
- SBPD on a subject Elings Park.
- Med call Elings Park 1295 Las Positas Road.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- 5150pc Transport Cottage Hospital to PHF.
- Highway 101 at Summerland Southbound vehicle accident.
- Suspicious subject in his 40's WMA passing out unknown type flyers to kids as they leave campus at Quarantina and Canon Perdido.
- Public Assist in the 3000 Block of Hermosa Road
- Suspicious Subject a juvenile videotaping apartments at State street and Constance Southbound walking then on a bicycle WMJ beenie, blue bike blue backpack, shorts, shoes,.
- Overdose at UCSB.
- 1100 Block of Anacapa 415pc Homeless female.
- Hit and Run BOLO Female in a red Explorer registered on Mesa Lane City.
- Chapala at Mission street wires down
- Suicidal subject possibly heading toward the Butterfly Preserve.
- Stolen vehicle grey Honda Accord keys in the ignition on Madrona Drive.
- Traffic Accident 500 Block of Evonshire vehicle into parked car part way on top of the vehicle.
- 3900 Block of Via Lucero 459pc Burglary to residence.
- 3500 Block of State street med call.
- Man Down Check the Welfare 400 Block of East DLG.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Wanted Subject in De La Guerra Plaza went to jail; too
- Follow up on a Domestic Violence case at the Faulding Hotel 15 East Haley street
- Traffic stop on a black BMW 600 West Mission street
- 415pc RoomMates in the 1200 Block of San Andres
- Med call 1000 Block of Quinientos
- Premises check Eastside park.
- Med Call 800 Block of Shoreline Drive.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Vehicle Fire Southbound 101 at Refugio.
- Assist a Checker Parking SBPD unit 300 Block of West Montecito street.
- 415pc Transient 100 Block of East Cota at the Farmers Market yelling.
- Bank Fraud at Rabo Bank on Mission Drive in Solvang.
- Damaged vehicle Hazard incident at Wash and Fun 1331 San Andres
- Black GMC without a handicapped placard parked in handicapped space 401 North Milpas subject blocking in vehicle till police respond.
- Report of a female screaming in an alley behind a residence in the 1100 Block of East Haley
- Report of Target shooting in the area of the Los Padres Boys Camp.
- Homeless male shoved a reporting party during a 415pc at the 76 Station 200 Block of South Milpas street.
- 261pc Rape occurred in Isla Vista investigation unmentioned location in Santa Barbara.
- 415pc 3400 Block of Richland Drive.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the 500 Block of Miramonte Drive.
- Suspicious subject trying to break a window on a grey Mercedes at La Cumbre Place, Range Rover found with window smashed in same area. BMA wearing a black Hoodie right after this the incident in Carpinteria I wonder if it was the same guy.
- Auto Burglary suspect BOLOed from Goleta and attempt break in Carpinteria abandoned stolen vehicle after a nearby accident and tries to escape area on foot but gets caught...in the 4200 Block of Carpinteria Avenue
- 415pc Domestic 300 Block of East Yanonali
- 415pc Neighbors not getting a Bong 400 Block of Anacapa
- Keep the Peace so a subject can pick up belongings in the 2300 Block of Chapala
- Check the Welfare of a female who is lost Cliff Drive at La Marina.
- 415pc 800 Block of East Anapamu
- Overdose at the Salvation Army 423 Chapala street
- Woman heard screaming in the area of Reddick and Nopal turned out to be kids playing.
- Counterfeit 100. Bill passed at Valley Hardware Hispanic couple last seen toward Solvang Park.
- Med call Fall victim 1000 Block of Casitas Pass Road.
- 200 Block of West Sola Medical call.
- Loud Party at Kids World at 6:30pm.
- Unresponsive subject in a Hot Tub 600 Block of Rolling Brook he was OK But it can be dangerous drinking in a Hot Tub I don't know if that was the case here jus saying.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- First thing I heard this morning was some type of barricaded subject call, "He is talking to himself and the back window is broken, I think he lives in apartment E." the officer said...I live in apartment E and I talk to myself sometimes these calls scare me. It wasn't me 200 Block of Oceano.
- 5:30am Report of 10 Subjects fighting 1200 Block of East Montecito not sure what that was about but someone got arrested.
- Medical Aide 200 Block of South Milpas street guy with a fish hook in his hand.
- 415pc Noise 3rd response 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- 415pc Subject disturbing 2600 Block of DLV.
- 415pc Family domestic 2000 Block of Mountain Ave daughter is U.I
- HMA looking into mailboxes on Hillside he drove away in a maroon red 4-Runner part of his license plate UNP46?
- Med call 200 Block of East Pedregosa.
- 415 At the Victoria Hotel 24 East Victoria then a medical call there also.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Premises check 1100 Block of Walnut.
- 415 Domestic yelling and something heard hitting a wall 300 Block of Loma Alta 3 year old child living there with parents.
- Stray Black Dog with a blue collar seen entering the apartment complex at 435 West Padre.
- Public Assist 1200 Block of San Pascual.
- 2100 Block of State street Unconscious subject med call
- 415pc Over a parking space in the 1000 Block of Castillo.
- Subject a guest refusing to leave the Holiday Inn 17 West Haley.
- 415pc Over a stolen bicycle in the 1000 Block of East Cota street.
- 200 Block of West Sola Threats investigation on Saturday there was a medical call at the same address now threats?
- Man down 5000 Block of Carpinteria Avenue near the 76 Station
- 242pc Between Sisters in the 1500 Block of Castillo.
- 415pc Subject refusing to leave PATH 816 Cacique last seen leaving toward the 76 Station
- Suspicious tool engraving trees with an engraving tool in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road BMA with a bicycle, water bottle.
- 415 Fight reported 10 Homeless subjects with Sticks in the grassy area Cabrillo at Milpas when police got there, there was no fight but there was a group of Homeless males so they checked them out one reporting party on the call.
I went to the doctor on FRYday got a flu shot been feeling weird ever since, but then again using my inhaler all the time and had a couple infections too so I'm taking a lot of meds but that flu shot Whoaaaa first bad headaches then an NBD takes away the flu gives you a nervous breakdown..I hope SNOT!!!!! maybe I just need a Psychotic girl friend to slap me around a bit....Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell and Liza, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Ross, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed,, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry,LUCY!,STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, John Hancock. Little Mac, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger