Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

Single vehicle rollover collision in the 300 Block of West Mountain Drive.

pcorlatan Jan 20, 2020 06:32 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

The accident was on the 400 block at the top of the sharp S curve down the street from Sheffield reservoir. We heard the tire screeching and I remember hearing at least 2 flips of the car. The driver was the only occupant and only had a hand injury. We've counted dozens of accidents over the years and hear people flying up and down so often. With bicyclists riding these blind curves with no shoulder or sidewalk one of these days someone's going to be killed.

Alwilson723 Jan 20, 2020 10:37 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

The car was not a Tesla it was a white Mercedes. I was on scene as I am a neighbor with the driver after the accident. It seemed as he was in shock with just injuries to his hand. Ambulance took him away. Car was on its side. Hopefully the city can put more signage up so drivers are aware of how sharp the curve is

Alwilson723 Jan 20, 2020 10:37 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

Alwilson723 Jan 20, 2020 10:37 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

Alwilson723 Jan 20, 2020 10:37 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

mtndriver Jan 20, 2020 09:08 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

Going around that curve I always slow down to around 15--so often there are bikes in the middle of the lane right around the bend. But this was after dark, not likely a bicycle, probably just going too fast. It was a Tesla, my husband saw it as he was driving home. Everyone safe, nothing major. That part of Mtn Drive is not West or East, just plain Mtn. But everyone gets it wrong....

a-1582981792 Jan 20, 2020 06:27 PM
Rollover Traffic Collision on W. Mountain

As a teen I was a passenger in a head on collision on that road. Those turns can be crazy, slow down!! My driver was being a complete idiot, lucky nobody was killed.