Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

A guy made fun of someone in the grocery line for paying for their food with food stamps then calls the police after the person after they said "They would be waiting outside for him."

Roger Mar 24, 2019 12:08 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

The police went code 4 right away I did not hear if the person with the food stamps was waiting outside for the guy...I think it's funny though and very typical of someone who makes fun of the poor to call the police on someone after their mouth gets them in trouble.

CoastWatch Mar 24, 2019 12:20 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I'd venture to guess 20% of the once "Golden State of California" are living off the dole. They, (politicians prefer it that way). Most expensive State to live in and one of the poorest at the same time...

Roger Mar 24, 2019 12:29 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Not all of us are wealthy or have trust funds and many have paid for the right to receive help when we need it. And as far as living somewhere cheaper no one asked me to leave town when they were paying my wages...

PitMix Mar 25, 2019 09:03 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Pure speculation on your part. How hard is it to google that information and at least pretend you have some facts?

shorebird Mar 24, 2019 01:25 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

How could he tell that the person was paying with food stamps? Isn’t it like a credit card that gets periodically re-loaded with money?

Roger Mar 24, 2019 01:42 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Yea it's a card but they called it Food Stamps...It's not free either I actually posted this to give the ignorant a rise.

a-1553467592 Mar 24, 2019 03:46 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

MATTYBOY, maybe you are getting downvoted because you are misinformed. You cannot purchase alcohol with foodstamps.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 04:53 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

So in your opinion people who are disabled are gaming the system and working class people are not..... funny the disabled were once working.

Abc109 Mar 25, 2019 11:00 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

I was on food stamps for three months a few years ago. Single mom, school full-time, worked part-time for $10/hour while my daughter was in kindergarten. Childcare cost more than what I earned per hour. I hated having to use it and was deeply embarrassed. I continued to qualify but stopped after 90 days. Yes, it looks like a credit card, but I can't tell you how many times the checkout person would purposefully call attention to it. "You have EBT so you get free bags", or say loudly "Oh the EBT button is down there" as if I didn't already know. It was mortifying. I don't know why checkout staff would do that on purpose, but they do. This may have been the case with this guy. Groceries really need to train their staff to be more discreet. It feels just terrible.

Abc109 Mar 25, 2019 11:09 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

And for the record, Mattyboy, I never "gamed the system" or sold my card or any number of ridiculous assumptions. I've worked and paid into "the system" since I was 14 years old. I am still near tears thinking how I truly needed the assistance, and would never have accepted it if not for needing to feed my young daughter. Your remarks are uninformed, tone deaf and deeply judgmental. I'd venture to say that the system has "gamed" you, because you clearly buy the Us Against Them narrative hook, line and sinker.

a-1553538040 Mar 25, 2019 11:20 AM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Reminds me of the time the supermarket cashier called for a price check on a female personal hygiene product I purchased for my wife. lol

macpuzl Mar 24, 2019 03:26 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

There are all too many people around who seem to resent working for a living, and feel that any aid given to people less fortunate than they are is somehow stolen from them. They don't seem to understand what civilization is. It's hard to tell whether they're jealous, narcissistic, lazy, or just plain stupid.

mattyboy Mar 24, 2019 03:46 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

Pretty sure most people on edhat and in line at the grocery store work for a living. Some are gaming the system, and some aren't. But apparently that's bad to point out.

Roger Mar 24, 2019 04:48 PM
Bully Calls Cops on Man He Harassed

If you pick on someone in the grocery store when they are buying food with foot stamps and you don't know them it's best to mind your own business if not You never know what you got the guy could have just killed someone for their food card. Don't blame anyone but yourself if you end up in their sandwich...

Pages