Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Just left a store in the 600 Block of West Micheltorena with 10-15 tiki torches.

patrick Aug 23, 2017 07:56 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

This evening, I saw a guy on the westside who had taped two tiki torches' safts together and was practicing baton twirling (unlit) next to an rv. I assumed he was practicing for Burning Man.

4358ed Aug 23, 2017 01:38 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

My gosh, we just bought 3 sets of white sheets at Ross. I hope nobody got the wrong idea. Obviously, I'm going to a Rally ! Sorry to change the subject (not really) What has happened to the edhat comment section? Sometimes nary a one. It seems that since the "new" edhat webpage there are certainly a lot less comments accompanying new postings. Too bad. Being a former paid subscriber reading the reader comments was one of the reasons I would sign in.

tagdes Aug 23, 2017 02:54 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

The old format was way more user friendly and appealing to the eye I might add. Also what's with the stats with the numbers cut off and having to scroll down and click on "see all news" to find follow up comments. Used to have everything right there and could easily check the additional comments.

Flicka Aug 23, 2017 12:34 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

I am going to guess someone thought 15 tiki torches seemed a bad omen because the Hitler fans, alt-right, and KKKs were carrying them in Charleston shouting, "Jews won't replace us."

sacjon Aug 23, 2017 12:55 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Many were also wearing baseball batting helmets, so does than mean I'm going to be reported to the police when I go buy my kids new helmets this season?

Flicka Aug 23, 2017 12:29 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Time was that there was an active KKK here. During the first Fiesta, 1924, they had a burning cross on Barker Hill that could be seen downtown. They were mostly against Catholics. A man I met who was a member said they did things like hearing of a man abusing his wife, they would capture him at night and beat the heck out of him.

a-1511441869 Aug 23, 2017 12:59 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Who said that? Reporting the purchase of tiki torches in a beach town during summer is not the same as "opposing Nazis marching and ramming cars into people." You do see the difference, right?

a-1511441869 Aug 23, 2017 12:07 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Give me a freaking break! What is suspicious about that??? We are heading for some troubling times, seriously messed up in the head people looking for the boogey man. Even if it was for some march, so what it's called people have a right to be who they are as long as they are not committing a crime and last time I checked. these were not illegal.

Roger Aug 23, 2017 10:09 AM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Actually I just repeated what I heard over the scanner like I always do I did think it was funny so I posted it simple as that...There is a local KKK group where do they meet?

a-1511441869 Aug 23, 2017 09:21 AM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Roger, what you seem to ignore is that it was a person with a phone on the street who found it suspicious. Why was it suspicious? Is it illegal to carry tiki torches these days? Are they commonly used as burglary tools? C'mon man, be discerning. You're just repeating someone else's prejudice. What did you think that the local KKK was getting together to burn a cross in someone's yard?!

420722 Aug 22, 2017 06:09 PM
Suspicious Subject with Tiki Torches

Why is that suspicious I wonder? we had those in our yard growing up. Did his car have a trump sticker maybe? Then I would understand the suspicion.