Scanner Reports 7-18-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Starting to heat up again a bit. On Monday heard what sounded like a few heat strokes with one person fainting, after the last bout of heat I'm kind of cautious, drinking more water etc. I don't think there is much I could have done to change things that day. I don't have an air conditioner and when it gets hot the only thing is water, early and often from the beginning of the day all the way through the day like insurance. There can never be enough reminders when it comes to things like the heat. I heard a few medical calls then later on in the day a Check the Welfare in the 800 Block of East Haley for two kids left in a vehicle. That is just plain dangerous leaving a child in the car on hot days. I hear a few dog calls, once in a while kid calls.
I remember the old old days when I was a kid my mom left me in the car all the time, it got hot as hell I'd get all dizzy and dry. Think she was trying to do me in. I don't remember her doing that to my sisters just me I was the lucky one. I hate to say it but drink water early and often even if it doesn't look like it's going to be a hot day the water is good for us anyway. I guess with the heat will see more people with their pants down, not me I don't even like wearing shorts in public my legs are not pretty anymore they have roadmaps on em.
Fall victim medical calls alot too. I have always had a thing with falling down, though when I was younger I could always hop right back up, not so much anymore usually when you're older and you fall down you get injured. I went to Trader Joes yesterday and saw the guy who put the case of fruit in the aisle I tripped over, I haven't forgotten, my hip won't let me. They sell Vodka there but not shovels have to go to Home Improvement and get one of those. Walking anywhere is like driving nowadays you have to be defensive because no one cares they just do what they want and YOU better move outta their way like bicyclists on the sidewalks, the only ones I move over for kids and old folks everyone else knows better. I actually had a guy try to pickpocket me once years ago while riding a bicycle passed me on the sidewalk he actually went for my wallet in my back pocket. I reacted grabbed his hand and yanked him off the bicycle, it was a reaction I had no idea what he was doing felt someone in my pocket Weird thieves will do anything to get that money. Even if you have no money they will steal your identity they can sell that. I don't know what the going rate is for Identities nowadays it used to be 50 Bucks I think that was like 20 years ago. I'd rather they just take the money and give my Identity back I usually only have acouple bucks on me my last CDL cost me 35.00 I have the same CDL number I have always had like to keep that...Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Trespasser at 7-11 Downtown Goleta female in her 30's or 40's not wanted there I have been 86ed from some bars but I don't think I have ever been kicked out of a 7-11.
- Suspicious Circumstances East Side Santa Barbara Rape or Sexual Assault.
- Missed address but 2 packages were ripped off in a breezeway on Anapamu.
- Reckless driver in a grey Ford Escort Southbound 101 Las Positas off ramp cutting other drivers off.
- Injury accident highway 166, Rock Front Ranch one mile in Santa Maria Rollover.
- Suspicious subjects walking toward Bohnett Park one with a big stick possible fight brewing SBPD caught up with a group of subjects near the Hand Ball courts all was well after that.
- Fall victim 1400 Block of East Valley Road.
- Holiday Hill Flare Up fire North Fairview at Holiday Hill.
- Medical call Unknown type at the Dolphin Fountain 200 Stearns Wharf.
- Traffic Stop on a Blue Nissan in the 300 Block of East Carrillo, Mary 3.
- Suspicious circumstances Psyche patient snuck out of ward wearing tan scrubs thought to be walking around the hospital somewhere, Cottage.
- Medical call commuter lot 200 Block of East Cota male down unknown if breathing near a white Ford van.
- 415 Couple harassing employees of a business at 1014 Coast Village Road.
- Smoke Shop 2900 Block of De La Vina subject fainted in store.
- Four or Five shots heard coming from an apartment complex in the 200 Block of Ladera.
- In the 1000 Block of Cliff Drive a subject saw someone riding their stolen bicycle.
- Female tried to pass a phony 100.00 Dollar bill at Cost Plus 610 State street, she was stopped down the street.
- South Milpas at East Cabrillo German Shepard in Traffic.
- 415 Subject drinking in the Laundry Mat and attempting to steal items 3535 State street.
- 242 Assault at Old Kings Road earlier in the morning reported later.
- Public Assist in the 400 Block of Calle Alamo.
- 4400 Block of Birch 415 Domestic with violence.
- Fall victim end of Sterns Wharf code 2 Medics.
- Check the welfare of 2 children small children in a car in the 800 Block of East Haley.
- 1145 Suicidal subject called in out of town suicidal hotline said he took pills and was drinking or he could use a gun phone pings came from the 300 Block of South Canada police looked for but could not find the subject, he must have been somewhere else.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Silent video alarm 100 Block of Nopolitios, Opps false alarm...Some people are shocked when they find out so many different places in town have alarms and by never mentioning the exact address they are kept guessing which address on that block is armed
- Non injury 3 vehicle accident in the Mission street underpass.
- 594 Graffiti outside at the Pressroom First Block of East Cota.
- Report of overdose behind Gelsons in the 3300 Block of State street Fire department, AMR, SBPD responded and the patient got up and ran away, not sure if the responders ever caught up to him.
- SBPD on a subject 3400 Block of Richland.
- Camper behind the smoke shop 11 South Milpas.
- Premises check Stevens Park.
- Traffic stop on a teal green Honda CRV By Mary one in the 900 Block of Carpinteria street here in Santa Barbara.
- 415 Between customers at the Daily Grind 2900 Block of DLV.
- Medical call 600 Block of West Sola head injury.
- Mary one pulls over a nutter White Mercedes in the 900 Block of East Mason street.
- Overdose Suicide attempt Noleta area.
- Weird one woman found unresponsive under a car 200 Block of Alisal. I did not hear anymore about it, I wonder how she got there?
- 400 Block of Arroyo Del Mar guy wearing a hoodie taking a bike apart near and older Chevy van.
- Found wallet 11 West Victoria.- Fall victim Figourea and Anacapa.
- 242 Suspect on scene of the Crime in the 100 Block of North Alisos with reporting party's son, the Reporting Party is parked not so far away.
- Trespasser refusing to leave BMA on a red Bicycle property of the Double Tree 633 East Cabrillo.
- Female refusing to leave 500 Block of South Kellogg under the influence.
- Med call for a subject who fainted in a van at 420 East DLG.
- Lewd Conduct on the corner of Carrillo and Santa Barbara streets.
- Vehicle fire a white truck in the parking lot of the DMV 535 Castillo street.
- 415 Landlord tenant in the 200 Block of South Salinas.
Well I found me a couple VHS Movies Harvey with Jimmy Stewart and ET. I like to watch movies in the evenings, get away from it all. Last time I saw ET was at the movies and I cried, all the kids there laughed at me. I was 25 years old. I don't have to worry about crying in public anymore at the movie joint if I got the movies at home. Thinking a little ahead there, I'll catch up one day. Have a Great Hump Day....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat,Midnight, Merlin, Tiger, Lola, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO! Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday....Later, Roger