By an edhat reader

A bipartisan group rallied in Montecito in support of recalling Gov. Gavin Newsom Friday, September 10, 2021.

MarcelK Sep 15, 2021 09:59 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

1 in 500 Americans have died of COVID. That's all that needs to be said about Larry Elder, his supporters, Trump and his supporters, anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers, and the GOP and right wingers generally.

dukemunson Sep 17, 2021 06:10 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Things have shifted so far (on both sides) that politicians we liked wouldn’t even be accepted in the current iteration of their party. We talk a lot about the radicalisation of the right, but on the flip side the Democratic Party I aligned with no longer exists. We desperately either need a third party or a strong shift to the Center…

dukemunson Sep 15, 2021 02:59 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

All time? I thought Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were good Presidents. They attempted (and often achieved) bipartisan policies. Now, that’s a bad word… for the most part you have to be on one of the extremes.

dukemunson Sep 15, 2021 10:14 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Newsome has been horrible. That the best the right could come up with is Elder is also horrible. It was truly a lose lose proposition.

ZeroHawk Sep 15, 2021 09:51 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

and now this is over, the republicants need to go to their corner and pipe down a bit. stop whining and crying foul. All you do is look like simple minded fools when you lose and whine. Math doesn't lie. Numbers are numbers. I've said it before and will say it again, california is near impossible to govern, look deeply at the history. 5th largest economy on the planet, it's running a massive business. 1 person can never do a perfect job in this state and that is fact. I don't care about newsomes dinner outting, just like i didn't care about Clinton getting a BJ. None of my business, and it's not part of their job, it's personal affairs and matters. if newsome wants to go to burger king in oakland on a friday night during a lockdown, that's his agenda and problem, i will not be affected by their personal choices, nor will you. newsome is just another slimy politician, just like any other. doesn't matter if they are blue or red, left or right, they aren't US, they are politicians. PEople sure love to believe anything they WANT to hear. So Eldar and Trump party people love to be told just what they want to hear, even if it's not going to happen and is so far from reality that there is a better chance monkeys will fly out of my @ss. its over, carry on. there is no voting fraud. it's called simply, you lost.

MarcelK Sep 15, 2021 09:25 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

The options were to recall a democratically elected governor or not to, as all people who aren't fundamentally dishonest recognize. Newsom is a vastly better person than his critics and opponents.

dukemunson Sep 15, 2021 08:25 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

When the options are newsome or elder, everyone loses. What a disastrous couple of options.

a-1631678452 Sep 14, 2021 09:00 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Now that we've disposed of this bunch of recall morons, it's time to reform the recall process so it can't so easily be perverted by external bad actors trying to dismantle our government by funding actions that attempt to paralyze it.

sacjon Sep 15, 2021 11:29 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOICE - actually, no, I don't care if Newsom was even convicted of the fraud himself. You're spinning and dodging and now creating some bizarre scenario where I was "blaming criminals." You've, once again, missed the point by so far, I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel bad for you. Here is my point, again, my ONLY POINT of that fateful comment that you've now once again twisted and whatabouted into something different:

CLAIM: Spending $300 million of our taxpayers' hard earned money on a recall effort that was doomed from the beginning was a shameful waste.

That's it, that's all I wanted to convey with my comment last night. You can keep rolling around in the mud and pointing fingers like a tattle tale kid that no one listens to. We don't care anymore.

sacjon Sep 15, 2021 11:24 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOICE - I'm not talking about the EDD thing, that was YOU who brought it up. No matter whether was warned or not (do you have any evidence to support that?), it has absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING to do with my comment bemoaning the wasting of $300+ million on a recall effort that had no chance of success. Why do you insist on talking about the EDD? You're spiraling. The EDD has nothing to do with the money spent on the recall. Just stop already.

Or, in the alternative, show us some proof that Newsom was directly responsible for the EDD losses.

Voice of Reason Sep 15, 2021 11:18 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Sac, it's like you're intentionally trying not to understand. You keep coming back to blaming it on the criminals, like a bank being warned repeatedly not to leave it's doors open at night, then they get robbed. While the criminals did steal the money, the bank was warned about this glaring risk and ignored it. You're complaining about $300,000,000 of tax payer money being "wasted" recalling the person responsible for failing to protect $30,000,000,000 of tax payer money after they were repeatedly warned they faced a risk of fraud/theft on the EDD front and should correct it. If you can't see how those are linked...

sacjon Sep 15, 2021 10:59 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOICE - how is it not reflective of your original comment. You literally started talking about the EDD fraud in response to my comment about the recall costs.

Voice of Reason Sep 15, 2021 10:51 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

: You're right, BUT, let me spin what your wrote in a way that is whataboutsim and not reflective of your original comment.

PitMix Sep 15, 2021 10:50 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Totally agree with reform. Starting with paid signature gatherers. I remember going to Walmart and being asked to sign the proposition to eliminate bail reform. I asked the guy why he was in favor of the prop, and he said- I don't know anything about it, I only know I get $1 per signature.

So basically rich people can pay gatherers and get anything they want on the ballot. If they were unpaid, at least they would have to put the courage of their convictions to the test.

Alexblue Sep 15, 2021 10:46 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOR, come on man, 300m is not a glass of milk. I bet we could have built a tent city out in the desert to house every homeless person in Southern California for that amount.

sacjon Sep 15, 2021 10:50 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOICE - look, I'll concede a little here. Maybe I shouldn't have said "whataboutism," but rather, "what does the EDD fraud cost have to do with the recall cost? Neither are in any way related. One was caused by criminals, the other by angry Republicans who couldn't wait a year and NEITHER were caused by Newsom."

sacjon Sep 15, 2021 10:39 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

VOICE - no, you're right, BUT when someone brings up something negative about someone and then you say, almost literally, "well what about this other thing they did that has nothing to do with the thing you're talking about? THAT is whataboutism, my good sir.

Here's an example:
I say: It's a shame the Republicans wasted over $300 million to recall Newsom in an effort that had no chance of success.
You say: $300 million is a fraction of the cost of something that criminals did to our state.

That sir, is whataboutism.

Voice of Reason Sep 15, 2021 09:54 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Sac, every comparison is not whatabousim. Every example to put something in context or perspective is not whatboustism. It's like you worrying over a glass of spilled milk and I point out the milk truck that overturned outside that we should be more concerned about; Sacjon: Whataboutism!

Voice of Reason Sep 15, 2021 09:04 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

$300 Million!!! wow that's (checks calculator.... ) less than 1% of what EDD fraud cost the State of CA this past year, something CA and Newsom have been warned about for years and did nothing to address.

dukemunson Sep 15, 2021 06:52 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

that number is certainly inflated but yes… a waste! Hopefully newsome doesn’t double down on a lot of his a lot of his crazy agenda because there is genuine and widespread anger and disappointment in newsome. Elder though was obviously a lunatic. Need a more moderate dem in 2022.

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 10:18 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

DUKE- I agree on that! Just read it may be over $300 MILLION of our tax dollars spent on this. I hope the fools who supported this are thoroughly marinating in the stench of their landslide defeat tonight.

dukemunson Sep 14, 2021 09:14 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

I agree it should be reformed. There should be a higher threshold for recalling someone. Newsome didn’t deserve to be recalled… he does deserve to be voted out though…

dukemunson Sep 14, 2021 09:12 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Sac - it was a waste of money and time… not as much (money) as was advertised/touted, but yeah it was a giant waste. Hopefully he moves to the center or a more centrist problem solving individual can primary and unseat him in ‘22.

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 09:05 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

How many millions were wasted on this? What a waste. Now let's hope millions more aren't wasted fighting the results.

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 07:49 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

OGSB - not so much "hate" here, everyone (for the most part) is still decent and not too insulting. What we have though is a lot of lies, some easily verifiable, on BOTH sides being spread and those who disagree with them, responding back somethings with a lot of piss & vinegar. I must say though, aside from a choice few (CWAZNY), most commenters are mutually respectful and avoid direct insults. These are heated issues and emotions can run hot, but I'm glad to see Edhat hasn't been reduced to threats of violence, hate speech, petty insults and the like you would see on Facebook or other sites.

bicyclist Sep 14, 2021 05:32 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

I stood in line today to VOTE in person:
#1. - NO
#2. write-in "The BIG Grifter - DJT" .
didn't want anyone to be left out - right?

NostraChumash Sep 14, 2021 05:06 PM

Yeah, me too either!!
I can't wait to see the nexy crazy topic
on it's way down our pike?..pipe?
Which is it?

Byzantium Sep 14, 2021 03:14 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Lots of GOP voters today showing up in person to vote, because they trust nothing about California vote by mail elections.

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 11:39 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

BABY - Not sure why our comments keep being deleted, but I'm not filled with hate. You make comments that I disagree with, most times vehemently, and I point out the flaws. I get it's frustrating to be called out for racist or just nonsensical claims, but it your going to serve it up, don't freak out so much if I respond with my thoughts. Prayers and namaste to you.

ZeroHawk Sep 14, 2021 12:12 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Sac you're far from a racist, just let it roll off you, and remember, you can close the window and it all goes away. :) people on this forum just like to argue for the sake of arguing

ZeroHawk Sep 14, 2021 11:01 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

so the new thing with republicans is that they try to play the game and then they lose, when they lose they cry foul and say someone cheated. Really??? How about the reality that you just didn't get the votes that your over inflated ego told you, you would get? The Sore Loser Party is just sad as ever. Got the left griping about this and that and the right whining like babies when they lose.
all of this solidifies my plan to buy a sailboat and get as far away from this mess as one can....bon voyage~~~

dw2000 Sep 14, 2021 09:16 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

Gotta love how Elder's campaign accidentally premature posted to a website that "preemptively conceded defeat and baselessly claim voter fraud BEFORE Tuesday’s California gubernatorial recall election". It's wild that the whole voter fraud thing could even gain traction given this state has nearly twice as many registered Democrats vs. Republicans.

a-1631680418 Sep 14, 2021 09:33 PM

Found it:
"Republican Larry Elder appealed on Monday to his supporters to use an online form to report fraud, which claimed it had "detected fraud" in the "results" of the California recall election "resulting in Governor Gavin Newsom being reinstated as governor."

The only problem: On Monday when the link was live on Elder's campaign site, the election hadn't even happened yet. No results had been released. And Elder was still campaigning to replace Newsom as governor."

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 01:06 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

12:01 - oh, yeah I was hoping to see it too, but looks like they deleted/revised the website after the story broke. Pretty greasy if you ask me!

a-1631646092 Sep 14, 2021 12:01 PM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

I'm very familiar with all that, Jon. I was curious about DW2000's post: "... Elder's campaign accidentally premature posted to a website that "preemptively conceded defeat..."
Maybe that's their description for the pre-election assertion of fraud/cheating.

sacjon Sep 14, 2021 11:56 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

11:48am - here's an article in The Hill about his claim: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/572087-larry-elder-campaign-spreads-baseless-claim-that-recall-election-ended-in?rl=1

a-1631645268 Sep 14, 2021 11:47 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

It was no accident. He says in his speeches that Dems will cheat in the election; has his "election integrity unit" lawyers all ready to go. Sounds familiar, doesn't it.
I don't know how America is going to get out of this game...

Channelfog Sep 14, 2021 08:59 AM
Recall Newsom Rally in Montecito

I am amazed at that liberal friends will be voting Republican for the first time. Many see Biden as equally destructive as tRump! Crazy world!

Pages