Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

Source: Cottage Health

Cottage Health is working alongside community healthcare partners in collective efforts to vaccinate more than 400,000 people throughout the county and achieve the immunity level needed to end the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Drive-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on the Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital campus is serving eligible healthcare workers and beginning to vaccinate individuals age 75 and over who live or work in Santa Barbara County.

Vaccine supply is limited, and appointments fill quickly. Appointments are required and must be made in advance.

Cottage Health plans to continue offering the vaccine clinics two days a week, based on staffing and vaccine availability.

Individuals age 75 or over are invited to sign up at cottagehealth.org/covid19 for notifications when future appointments open.

Cottage Health will continue to share updates as more vaccine and information becomes available. The vaccine allocations are difficult to predict, and information changes rapidly.

Resident Jan 22, 2021 08:42 AM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

I signed up by phone last week; got an email on Tuesday; signed up for Thursday's shot online. I had my choice of times all day Thursday or Friday. I picked a Thursday AM time. The Cottage shot clinic set up in the GVCH parking lot was well organized and efficient. There were no significant wait times other than the mandatory 15 minutes after getting the shot which all shot clinics always require. Overall I can't think of anything they could do to improve their operation. Let's hope that more vaccine is forthcoming soon so that everyone can get it ASAP. Thanks to the Cottage team for a job well done!

a-1611282402 Jan 21, 2021 06:26 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

I accompanied a 75+ friend to the Cottage vaccine site today (in the parking lot across from Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital). It was organized and efficient. Easy. The problem is in getting an appointment, which, by chance, was easy for my friend, but it all depends on when you do it. First, sign up with all and any sites that say they will eventually have vaccines. Then check your email, and as soon as they contact you, get in there and grab an appointment. There ought to be a central sign up so it is not such a catch-as-catch-can affair. But since there isn’t, you’ll have to do it this way.

Basicinfo805 Jan 21, 2021 04:48 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

Sail - have to disagree completely. 15 min waiting time? That's not even in the top 100 of problems here. That statement would make me laugh except there's nothing funny about this. And qualified staff are limited? How do you figure? They're waiting and ready.

The problem with the vaccination rollout is 99% a supply issue. We don't
have the vials. We're hearing this around the nation right now. It has nothing to do with waiting times after you get your shot or availability of MA's or nurses to administer it. Nothing at all.

SBSand Jan 22, 2021 06:24 AM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

The 15 minute observation after the shot is par for the course everywhere, it is what it is. No bottleneck though, so much easier than getting a drive-thru starbucks, in n out, or chick-fil-a!

Sail380 Jan 21, 2021 07:33 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

You can disagree. I watched the Cottage vaccine thing in Goleta for a little today. 7 lanes of drive up by appointment. Seemed to be moving efficiently but slow due to the wait times between getting the vaccine and being released.

a-1611455114 Jan 23, 2021 06:25 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

SBSAND: I managed to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine in Lompoc as the SB sites were all booked. I had an "appointment" at 10:59 a.m. I got my jab at 12:01 p.m. Altogether I spent about 4 hours getting this work done. Please understand, I am pleased and excited that I got in. But the truth is that the process if not well organized. People were required to stand for about an hour in the sun. We were not informed of what was happening, what the system was, what the delay was. We just got in line and moved along when told to do so. This is not conducive to public support. I trust the people doing this work will learn and improve.

a-1611269260 Jan 21, 2021 02:47 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

Instead of putting out messages like this encouraging people to "sign up" for non existent vaccines, why not wait until they have an ample supply, set up a large vaccination site with several lines with appointments, let people know they can now sign up, and then get the job done? This is happening in states and counties throughout the U.S. This constant incompetent tease is just frustrating people in an already sad situation (the link doesn't work, but past experience with public health has people trying to sign up, going through the entire process and getting no result anyway). Alaska anyone?

SBTownie Jan 21, 2021 03:06 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

The most disturbing part is that everyone from the locals all the way up to Biden's own team (a member of the COVID task force was on CNN this morning) are saying, "we have no idea how much vaccine we're getting or when." Very scary stuff.

SBTownie Jan 21, 2021 03:06 PM
Cottage Health Offers COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Age 75+

Here is the link for those over 75: https://www.cottagehealth.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-information-signup/ Looks like it's an "information signup." I guess that means they'll contact you when appointments open.