We’ll be dancing simultaneously with groups all over the world as part of a global event, Thrill the World. This will be the 7th year World Dance for Humanity is hosting the experience, which will include flashmobs all over town leading up to Halloween. On Sunday, Oct. 29th, we’ll take Thriller to Santa Ynez Valley, with flashmobs in the town squares and wineries, culminating in a Michael Jackson tribute at the gates of Neverland and a funk soul dance party at Cold Spring Tavern.
For the first time, we’ll also be teaching and performing Thriller and doing flashmobs in Carpinteria in partnership with the Carpinteria Art Center. Come to one, a few, or all of the practices!
- Saturdays 10:00-10:45 a.m. – Santa Barbara Dance Centre, 127 W. Canon Period St.
- Tuesdays 8:15-9:00 p.m. - Santa Barbara Dance Centre, 127 W. Canon Period St.
- Thursdays 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Alameda Park (corner of Garden and Micheltorena streets near Kids World)
- Fridays 5:00-5:50 p.m. - Montecito YMCA, 591 Santa Rosa Lane (You don’t have to be a YMCA member)
- Sundays 2:00-3:00 p.m. (Oct. 1, 15, 22) – Carpinteria Arts Centre, 855 Linden Ave.
- Sundays 4:00-5:00 p.m. – Hitchcock YMCA (You don’t have to be a member)
All new Thriller dancers are welcome to come to World Dance class for free before the Thriller practices on Saturdays 9:00-10:00 a.m. and Tuesdays 7:00-8:15 p.m. at the Santa Barbara Dance Centre.
We request a $40 donation which covers all practice sessions, participation in the Sunken Gardens main event and the flashmobs. KIDS & STUDENTS ARE FREE! World Dance for Humanity is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and your donation is tax-deductible. Click here for more information. Contact information: Janet Reineck, 805-966-5439, email@example.com
Saturday, October 28, 2017, – 2:00-4:00 p.m. at Courthouse Sunken Gardens; Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:00 in Santa Ynez Valley