Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

Numerous packages stolen from condos in the 400 block of Chapala, a vehicle in the back parking lot had its doors wide open.

gizmo1 Dec 16, 2018 11:09 AM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

You would think that the Amazon delivery crews on bikes (like on the Mesa) would have an identifying vest like UPS delivery people have

photodude Dec 16, 2018 10:03 AM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

The UPS driver who delivers to my home gets it. Packages are left below my mailbox, which is not visible from the street. He also rings the doorbell. Other delivery drivers leave packages at my front door, which is visible from the street. I have called their companies to ask that their drivers to leave packages so they are not visible from the street, but to no avail. Also, they generally don't ring the doorbell. I have multiple video surveillance cameras on the front door and front of my home. Maybe their presence deters thieves. I haven't had any packages stolen, but I do pick them up promptly, since I often see the delivery on video.

Roger Dec 16, 2018 05:44 AM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

I have chased a few of them but too old to do that now. They are all over the place the ones I have encountered actually sit nearby and wait for the mailman. They come in all shapes sizes and colors most are wearing back packs usually black back packs some have drivers waiting near by some are on bicycles...If you don't have a locked box or actually know when the deliveries are going to come you are their perfect candidate for a victim, Track your packages....

PurpleBee Dec 15, 2018 09:18 PM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

Don't you have anything better to do than to pick apart someone's use of Grammar? It isn't that important. Those of us reading it can figure that out on our own. That being said why not organize a neighborhood watch and follow the delivery trucks to spy on the thieves? What are some tips to use if one encounters one or these folks?

d8vanilla Dec 15, 2018 05:45 PM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

My neighbor, that lives on the 1300 blk San Andres, had a package stolen off his porch on Dec 12, 2018. Here's the video link. You can see him walking past, holding a white plastic grocery/food bag, then comes back around the 2:13 mark, enters and takes the package. https://video.nest.com/clip/a950995c2f364f3da97b9c2b564651fa

d8vanilla Dec 15, 2018 08:24 PM
Numerous Packages Stolen from Condo Complex

The thief is walking past my neighbors house. Then, the thief comes back and goes onto my neighbors property and steals the package. The thief thinks he's smart by NOT opening the metal gate, which would have made a lot of noise, but he comes from the side, which is not blocked by the metal fence. Sorry for any confusion. If you look at the clothing of the person walking past the house, and the person that comes onto the property to steal the package, wearing the same clothing and same hat. The only difference, he wasn't carrying that white plastic bag when he came back to steal the package. Hope that clarifies.