Scanner Reports 10-12-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Concerning the vandalism of the Old Mission, I think some people seem to overly offended and just need to "Get over it." Go to therapy, volunteer somewhere, take a dance class; do something positive for yourself. Maybe volunteer to clean up the vandalism yourself. It's just a building and paint, it cannot be that hard to clean up. $30,000 in damage but the person that cleans it up gets how much? Whatever...
I got my Flu shot the other day (if you haven't got it yet you should). My doctor says this Flu Season is really bad people are dying from the flu. I was afraid the shot would make me ill and it did make me feel a little weird, but since I'm already weird so didn't change much, but my arm sure hurts.
Years ago when I saw Doctor Diaz, he gave me 3 shots one day said: "Nothing was going to happen." He said I'd be fine. I left his office driving then went the wrong way up Haley street got in the turning lane to go left on Milpas and passed out. When I came to, everyone was honking but there were no police around so I slowly drove home. My eyes were very blurry but I made it home. I still don't know what he gave me.
Got my ballot today will fill it out quick and send it back. I know what I believe in so it will not take long. I think everything will go well this time because Bernie is not on the ballot so mine should not come up missing again even though I put double postage. I signed and dated it for that primary but somehow it seemed to disappear. Strange things seem to happen around election day.
Someone was mentioning how I talk about cooking and it made them want to cook. Check out EmmymadeinJapan on YouTube, she has a show for Folks having Hard Times with money. She picks ramen dishes out of prison cookbooks and cooks the exact way and then taste tests the grub on her show. She is very entertaining, informative and relaxing. It's nice to know I can spend a couple bucks and make a decent meal. Ramen has taken the place of potatoes for me. It might not be the best food, but it's are better than potatoes.
Four years ago today I lost the love of my life and I still feel the same way I did then. I love You Belinda wherever you are, always have, always will....Here are your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Homeless guy on Cliff Drive trespassing on property. Never heard address or block. The call went out in a different way.
- Threats investigation at the Sant Barbara Sheriff's Office Station.
- Minor injury accident at 1040 Coast Village Road.
- Structure Fire. Call out for smoke seen in a vacant residence. Central at Legge in Lompoc. Never heard if there was a fire, just heard everyone go back in service.
- Suspicious subjects in a car. Two males and one female behind Magnolia Plaza with gardening tools in the back of their vehicle. Not sure about this call, I think maybe they were trying to unload the gardening tools.
- 23103 Reckless Driver Highway 101 northbound at Mariposa. Silver Mercedes.
- Utility vehicle ran a vehicle off the road and unable to maintain lanes.
- A subject walking on the 101 freeway on the northbound side at Glen Annie. Elderly.
- Small Brush Fire Highway 33 at Shell Road in Ventura County.
- Non-injury solo vehicle accident Highway 101 northbound. South of Patterson.
- Female with a green cart selling items. Modoc at Los Positas. Traffic Hazard.
- Code 60 Vehicle parked blocking Walnut at Carpinteria Ave.
- Burglary investigation at Calle Caesar Chavez and Quinientos.
- Juvenile runaway investigation from Noah's Anchorage in the 300 block of West Figueroa .
- 242 Assault in the 600 Block of State street. WMA 242ed HFA on a bus bench both were gone when police arrived. They looked around but were unable to locate.
- An ill subject at the Faulding Hotel. 15 East Haley Medical Call.
- Found backpack behind 3324 State street.
- 415 Neighbors at the Faulding Hotel. One threatening to beat up the other.
- 415 Between a male and a female behind Trader Joes 222 North Milpas.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run. Investigation in the 3700 Block of State street.
- 415 Domestic. Wife was attacking the kids according to her husband in the 5800 Block of Birch.
- Code 2 Medics also responded to the 5800 Block of Birch on the same call.
- Med-Call at the Sailing Center for an Unconscious female.
- 242 Assault Jefferson Square 5100 Block.
- Med-Call possible stroke in a white RV. East Beach Bath House parking lot.
- Med-Call Panic Attack 1500 Block of DLV.
- 23152 Elderly subject left Santa Ynez Cottage Hospital early in the morning in a silver 5 series Mercedes. Part plate "BFG" I wonder what that means?
- Subject refusing to leave the Art Museum. 1130 State street.
- Road rage. 2009 Black Mercedes 101 northbound at Hope "ASM" on the plate. "Kramer is that you?"
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run at 2819 State street at the Lemon Tree. Police responded and was worked out between the motorists. The officer said it was damage done on private property. No non-injury hit and run anymore.
- Check the Welfare of a subject bent over Pedregosa at Anacapa. Attempting to flag down vehicles.
- Bath and Mason 415 Domestic male-female next to a tan SUV.
- Homeless guy drinking and smoking marijuana. 1200 Block of Anacapa in the city lot.
- Mattress found in the ruins Los Olivos at APS.
- Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office looking for a subject in the area of Los Olivos and APS with several warrants.
- Homeless subject refusing to leave Costco in Market Place.Ongoing problem with the same subject.
- Cover checker 5 on a parking violation at 700 DLG.
- Subject called in saying they were suffering a mental break down. I'm keeping any more info private. They were good enough to ask the police for help. Dog Bless Them!
- Homeless subject refusing to leave an address in the 5800 Block of Hollister.
- Check the welfare of a subject at Village Market on Constellation HMA because he is under the influence and playing an invisible instrument; probably the skin flute.
- Subject smoking at the front door Bank of America 834 State street.
- A suspicious subject at the Library who was looking for someone who wasn't there and might have been carrying a gun.
- Sexual Battery investigation at the police station.
- Mary 3 was out there doing his job pulling over violators the day after someone ran into the back of his motorcycle. There is a man who loves his job. Mary 3 pulled over a red Dodge Truck in the 100 Block of South Hope, a Black Nissan in the 700 Block of North Hope and many other vehicles.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- There was a report of a son beating up his father in Lompoc by the father who called it in, in the 1600 Block of Calle Nueve. Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office responded code 3 lights and sirens. Not sure how that ended up.
- 415 Code 40 subject in the lobby of the Rose Garden Inn, in the 3600 Block of State street. Tearing the place up and yelling sounds like he should be checking in at the Grey Bar Hotel. He is at the wrong place.
- I heard there was a medical for a stab wound somewhere, but I could not get the full call on my scanner it wasn't here it was either a Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office call or a Ventura County call.