Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Gun stolen from a vehicle in the Dennys parking lot at 3614 State Street.

a-1532263032 Jun 18, 2018 04:16 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Huh? Where'd LUVADUCK go? Also, I don't see the deleted comments. Where they that bad?

a-1532263032 Jun 18, 2018 04:30 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Oops, never mind. Looks like he/she disappeared and came back.

Luvaduck Jun 18, 2018 01:45 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Is there some way to skip the regular messages and just read the ones voted down by someone who doesn't believe in the US Constitution and feels is their duty to "sanitize" second amendment comments? I love irony and am always up for giggles & grins at the expense of self-important zealots.

Roger Jun 18, 2018 02:19 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Maybe instead of saving for a place to live I will practice my 2nd amendment rights and start buying guns too after all I have no felonies and I'm not registered to smoke medical pot.

a-1532263032 Jun 18, 2018 01:54 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

LUVADUCK - 1. I agree and would love to be able to read deleted comments. 2. Not sure what you mean by not "believing" in the Constitution? Are you suggesting that when people down vote (ie, disagree with) pro-gun comments they are somehow violating the 1st Amendment? Opinions (eg, down-votes) are protected speech as well as pro-gun speech. Was that the "irony" you seek?

Flicka Jun 18, 2018 09:37 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

If you check out the choices on the down voting, it wasn't "Edhat Nanny" who did it this time but readers. MISSBLUE, thank you.

Concerned4Calif Jun 18, 2018 08:57 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

It's not clear from the little information provided that the gun owner was not following the law. Maybe the backpack was locked and in the back of the vehicle. Maybe the criminal broke the windows on the suburban. Remember, our county allows very very few concealed carry permits so they could not take the back pack ( or the gun) into Denny's with them. They would have to leave it in the car. The magazines should not be loaded in transit.

MissBleu Jun 17, 2018 04:38 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Looks like at 4:35 there are two down votes... By the way Flicka...we really appreciate your positive tone of your contributions and hope others will follow suit.

a-1532263032 Jun 17, 2018 03:29 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Someone down voted my comment about the down votes so it was removed. Edhat nanny sure has changed!

a-1532263032 Jun 17, 2018 01:33 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

How about if you are an irresponsible gun owner, you lose your ability to own one; period. Zero tolerance. No excuses.

oceandrew Jun 17, 2018 03:02 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Good luck with that! ANY sensible regulation or legislation is considered by the gun nutz lobby as the beginning of the end... they'll be coming for all your guns next. They've gotten so good at fear mongering that any discussion on sensible solutions is to be met with hysteria and spittle spraying vitriol.

mattyboy Jun 17, 2018 10:33 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Not to make light of the stupidity of the gun owner, but what difference does it make if the gun was in a locked container vs a backpack when the entire container is taken, considering the container isn't required to be bolted to the vehicle from the inside?

Z Jun 17, 2018 05:20 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I think the Penal Code also specifies that the weapon cannot be within reach of the driver. The gendarmerie really doesn't like accessible weapons when they're on a vehicle stop.

Channelfog Jun 17, 2018 12:00 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Mattyboy, that is an excellent question, but that is what the law requires. I doubt that the law is meant to deter theft. To me personally, this law only makes sense in terms of keeping said weapons away from children, which, given that many children today are not instructed about safe gun handling, is extremely important. When I was a child, I was not only taught gun safety and marksmanship, it was drilled into me that if I got near firearms without parental supervision, there would be H311 to pay!!! (there were no laws requiring that firearms be locked up back then).

Factotum Jun 17, 2018 10:19 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Good to see how well gun control works in this state. Hannah-Beth, to the rescue. You have more work to do to keep us safe.

Channelfog Jun 17, 2018 10:18 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Irresponsible gun owners like this, who disrespect the laws, shoot all the rest of us responsible gun owners in the foot, as well as themselves. As was stated before: in a locked container, unloaded, and not in the glove box. This is precisely the kind of thing that fuels the prohibitionists in their futile pursuit to eliminate firearms through legislation.

Channelfog Jun 18, 2018 01:42 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

OCEANDREW, The analog to your comment is that like missusing alcohol, shooting someone or even threatening them with a firearm is illegal. My point is that law abiding Citizens have a right o use both alcohol or firearms as long as they do it legally and responsibly.

oceandrew Jun 17, 2018 03:07 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

CHANNELFOG, do drunk driving laws impair the ability of law abiding drivers and automobile owners to drive or own automobiles? Shutting down ANY discussion on the sensible regulation of deadly and easily abused tools only aids in increasing the carnage and kicking the bucket down the road.

Channelfog Jun 17, 2018 11:49 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Hi Oceandrew, please allow me to explain; my concern is that more laws DO impair those of us who are law abiding Citizens, while doing virtually nothing to disarm criminals, and that these efforts distract energy from a plethora of other social issues wherein such energy could realize positive, effective change for society.

oceandrew Jun 17, 2018 11:04 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Why would you be concerned that this is the kind of thing that fuels prohibitionists if the pursuit is futile?

a-1532263032 Jun 17, 2018 09:37 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Ughhh dummy to leave a loaded weapon in the car! Probably was unlocked and that's how it was taken. Hoping it's recovered fast! And glad That the theft was reported even though you know the gun owner is embarrassed.

Z Jun 17, 2018 08:22 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

PC§ 25610 [8].When being transported, handguns must be unloaded and in a locked fully enclosed container other than the glove box or any console attached to the vehicle.

Ducky Jun 17, 2018 08:12 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I don’t mean you, btw, Roger. I meant whomever left their backpack/firearms in the car.

Roger Jun 17, 2018 09:35 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I'd offer the thief 50.00 Bucks but it's all I have 30.00 after I get to Rite Aide.

4326 Jun 17, 2018 09:11 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I'll bet they do, That gun retails for about $ 700.00 .

Roger Jun 17, 2018 08:18 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I was going to start the post with Smooth Move Exlax but I'm sure they feel bad enough they probably thought it was ok to leave the gun in the vehicle as Santa Barbara is such a sleepy little town where nothing bad ever happens.

Ducky Jun 17, 2018 08:11 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Oops, someone’s feeling like an idiot, this morning.

tagdes Jun 17, 2018 12:07 PM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

If you haven't been out and about since the early '70's it was Bonanza Steakhouse back in the day.

Channelfog Jun 17, 2018 10:20 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Clarification: Someone behaved like an idiot this morning. There is no excuse for this behaviour.

Roger Jun 17, 2018 08:54 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Yea now I want breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and onion rings but I'm broke and have no car Screw the gun just leave the keys in the Suburban and park it in my driveway.

a-1532263032 Jun 17, 2018 08:31 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I do. I didn't know that there is a Dennys on State St.

Roger Jun 17, 2018 08:05 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the exact model of the firearm I posted what I thought I heard and made this a Code Red because I'm sure this crime is a high priority case for the police as they want to get this gun off the street...

Roger Jun 17, 2018 07:57 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

I do hope the person that ripped off the gun is a responsible gun stealing criminal.

Roger Jun 17, 2018 07:55 AM
Gun Stolen from Vehicle

Taken from a tan Chevy Suburban in a black and grey Patagonia backpack a P-239 black 40 caliber handgun with 2 loaded magazines...