By an edhat reader

Are there any local charities that accept car donations without going through an organization based in Rhode Island -- I'm looking for a local transaction. The car is not junk, it runs well and has only about 100,000 miles.

burt101 Apr 27, 2018 09:58 AM
Car Donation?

You can easily donate your car to a veteran in need by contacting the Pierre Claeyssens Veterans Foundation (PCVF). www.pcvf.org. Your donation will make a real difference in a local veteran's life! Thank you for your generosity.

Factotum Apr 26, 2018 08:14 PM
Car Donation?

Salvation Army has one of the best car donation programs out there. 83% of the proceeds goes into the good work of their long successful programs. Check the record for the other agencies before you decide.

k8 Apr 26, 2018 06:46 PM
Car Donation?

I highly recommend you contact SBSupport Network dot org. They are a group of amazing people who are directly helping the people in 50 families that lost everything in the 1/9 Debris Flow. Thank you.

PadaroDex Apr 26, 2018 01:34 PM
Car Donation?

I used www.CarDana.co (not com) - they were straightforward and great! The charity I supported received the majority of the sale proceeds (most don't). They do it for any charity, so you can choose to support any charity you want.

a-1527003442 Apr 26, 2018 01:03 PM
Car Donation?

I donate to C.A.R.E.4Paws via Amazonsmile. I think the group is one of our most hardworking, community-minded you will find locally. I second that recommendation.

a-1527003442 Apr 26, 2018 09:55 AM
Car Donation?

Music Academy of the West. Phone: (805) 969-8787. https://www.musicacademy.org/.

pxn Apr 26, 2018 08:53 AM
Car Donation?

...from Ehat reader... I've tried KCLU. Their service requires me to mail my car title to Rhode Island. Is there anyone who's been able to donate through a local organization where the transfer is handled locally?

kackle Apr 26, 2018 08:52 AM
Car Donation?

I donated a car to KCLU. It was super easy and professional. Habitat for Humanity also has a vehicle donation program.

PeterN Apr 26, 2018 07:50 AM
Car Donation?

Our NPR radio station KCLU.ORG Click the SUPPORT tab, then VEHICLE DONATIONS.

a-1527003442 Apr 26, 2018 12:56 AM
Car Donation?

C.A.R.E.4Paws is a *terrific* local non-profit that helps animals. The organization has a mobile unit that conducts spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinates and otherwise provides great care for community pets. They accept vehicle donations. --------- http://www.care4paws.org/help----(805) 968-2273

Roger Apr 25, 2018 08:12 PM
Car Donation?

I knew someone who said they were donating their car to the Botanic Gardens I don't know if they accept them but that was what someone told me.

a-1527003442 Apr 25, 2018 07:03 PM
Car Donation?

Casa Serena on Bath St. Women's recovery home.