Scanner Reports 4-16-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I got this thing in the mail the other day from the DMV that I earned the privilege to renew my CDL by mail for 35 Bucks. They just use the picture from my last license which is fine by me since I'm 5 years older now, the guy in that picture looks older than Dirt. I haven't driven in some time and might not ever again but it's always good to have a drivers license. I remember when I first learned to drive many moons ago I was 19, I had driven before that but not well and I did not have my own car. I bought the car it was a rose pink 1965 Chrysler New Yorker, got it for 75.00 Bucks off an Ex Pimp they called Silly Willy in Hammond. Willy Quit Pimping after falling several stories from a building he was working on and becoming rebared, he fell on a piece of rebar that went through his mid section in one side and out the other. Though his body was hurt he did not end up in a wheelchair and he got a nice settlement from it. Pimping had been his sideline, he gave up pimping went back to church hung out with his family more bought himself a pretty nice looking Cadillac . We met in a GED class to get our high school diplomas. I was still messed up from the meningitis I had a couple years earlier at the time but though I wasn't all there I kept trying. I went over to Willie's one Friday to buy the car and his wife invited me in for dinner. I stayed I never turned down food in the old days I was a bottomless pit could eat 12 plates of spaghetti in a sitting. After Dinner I gave Willie the cash and he gave me the pink slip. I had to drive home all alone no drivers license or insurance in rush hour traffic, I was scared but did OK. I learned how to drive by driving and drove without a license for sometime as Indiana had weird driving laws.
When I finally got a license I did so in Illinois I just had to go there take a written test, a drivers test, give them an Illinois address and five bucks. I probably would have continued driving without a license but I had joined the National Guard and needed a drivers license for that. Back in the day I would have been a great driver had it not been for the Booze just about everyone drank and drove back then and most of the time no one went to jail unless you were way out of wack. I had my license a month before pulling a stupid stunt drunk, I got into a high speed chase with the police and crashed going over a hundred miles per hour. When I went to jail I tried to hang myself with a boot lace . A couple weeks before that I stabbed myself in the arm and it was infected. Instead of going to jail for all the things I should have went to jail for I was put on probation and kicked out of the national guard for alcoholism and several suicide attempts. As long as I drank alcohol, I was out of control, and drove. I came out here in 1980 after getting kicked out of the Navy "Yep been in the military twice, and kicked out twice at least I did not avoid the Military, they avoided me." First year here I went into a Sober House and though I never stayed sober too long I never drank and drove again..Now all these years later even though I have only had a couple cars. I have always had my drivers license and have a good record of driving. I was kinda looking forward of taking another picture but LAZY took over when I got that thing in the mail I paid my 35 Bucks added 2 for a donation paid 37.00 and hopefully before I turn 60 will get my new license, it's always good to have a drivers license.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 484 Theft from REI 321 Anacapa taken was either a tent, or a backpack suspect was a BMA last seen West on Guiterrez.
- Found Property in front of the Police Station.
- Medical call fall victim Fess Parker's Winery on Foxen Canyon.
- 5150 Transport Cottage hospital to PHF.
- Fall outside the EMT office at the Casino.
- Medical call for a Panic Attack in the 4300 Block of Calle Real.
- There's a new Horror Movie out True Story happened in Santa Barbara it's called, "Roofers with Leaf Blowers on Plaza Rubio."
- Depot at Stow vehicle accident.
- 200 Block of East Maple vehicle rollover.
- Subject refusing to leave Cottage ER
- 211 With a Gun...Subject robbed CVS pharmacy 1109 State street for merchandise with a gun. Left out the back brandishing the gun on another subject ditched the gun not sure about the merchandise was found standing on the corner of Anapamu and State street not a block away.
- Medical call Brophys for a female who fainted.
- 415..Possible 5150 Female chasing people State at Anapamu.
- Medical call at the Probation Dept. for someone in pain.
- 288pc Child Molestation On the East Side reported Downtown.
- Trespasser at Vons in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Suspicious Circumstances in the 1100 Block of DLV Would not say what.
- Probation search on North La Cumbre.
- 415 Fight involving 2 Homeless subjects State street at DLG.
- Check the Welfare of someone living in the 800 Block of East Anapamu.
- Gang Types Loitering...1035 Cacique on a corner Associated with a white Mustang 15 of them.
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Overdose 4500 Block of Carpinteria, in Carpinteria.
- Medical call fall victim 209 State street.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist 800 Block of Shoreline.
- Vehicle Accident vehicle on side Highway 101 at Palmer Road, Los Alamos.
- 415 Subject at the Habit 600 Block of State street.
- Indecent Exposure male in parking lot 10 draining his lizard with his AR-15.
- 415 Of sorts 6600 Block of Abrego in IV.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist 2200 Block of Cliff drive Unable to Locate.
- Catamaran Over Turned off Leadbetter Beach no injuries.
- 415 Over a Hot Dog in a car 2300 Alamo Pintado reporting party called it in Owner of dog came out yelled at reporting party then ranaway before police responded.
- Suspicious subject wandering around an apartment complex in the 6700 Block of Trigo the night before the same person came around looking for drugs.
- Smoke check illegal burn 1300 Block of Highway 135 Los Alamos.
- 484 Shoplifter at the IV Food Coop but funny I wrote the Milpas Food Coop anyone remember that place? And where it was?
- Road Rage Coin Thrower...Highway 101 South Bound Castillo off ramp a female in a silver Audi 5SDX??? Threw coins at a driver who pissed her off Funny she threw coins it doesn't sound like she had any cents.
- Gas leak in a residence in the 3600 Block of Eagle Place.
- Medical call unconscious subject Sand Piper Mobil Home Park possible 415 Domestic involvement.
- Semi leaking gas on the On Ramp highway 101 North Bound at Garden Street.
- Male passed out near the fountain at Rite Aide 800 Block of Linden possible involvement in 415 Domestic in the 5700 Block of Via Real.
- 415 Disagreement between a nurse and a patient 900 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of West Figourea.
- Shots fired on Orange near Manderian in Goleta , grey vehicle possibly involved.
- 2 Homeless subjects walking down the tracks(Trespassing) near the area where all the shopping carts are Eucalyptus at Miramar Area.
- Area Check (It's secret) East Beach Bath House 1118 East Cabrillo.
- AMR with a 5150 need police assistance Milpas a6t East Cota.
- 5700 Block of Via Real Possible overdose on LSD, or Acid male in the middle of the street naked yelling 5700 Block of Via Real possible juvenile.
Scanner Reports, Sunday
- A homeless subject took some kind of chair from a address on Humphrey road in Montecito last seen walking down the rail road tracks toward his camp BMA wearing a black hoodie.
- Smoke odor inside a residence in the 200 Block of South Voluntario.
- Four Drunk Guys sitting on a bench near a drinking fountain harassing passer bys at HENDRYS BEACH.
- 415 Subject vs a Park Ranger at River Park over a Dog Fight.
- Med call female fainted Victoria Hall theatre 33 West Victoria.
- 374pc On a building Poo Poo or Pee Pee Suspect is a male wearing a floral dress and a head wrap at Santa Barbara and Carrillo streets.
- Suspicious circumstances in the Mid Town area that had something to do with a rape that occurred at a Waterfront Hotel in the 600 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 415 Code 40 male in his 20's on a Trike threatening passerbys at Ortega and State streets..If it's a blue Schwinn it used to be mine.
- Code 40 Drunk down on the sidewalk in front of H&R Block 21 North Milpas.
- 415 Domestic on Eucalyptus in Montecito verbal couple in a maroon sedan.
- SBPD on a pedestrian 100 Block of North Milpas.
- Keep the Peace in the 400 Block of West Figourea.
- Suspicious vehicle 1300 Block ofEast Cota in a white Chevy Colorado Police checked it out occupied, occupant had a warrant.
- 100 Block of East Pedregosa vehicle into 2 parked cars non injury I think the vehicle took off.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the alley in the 3000 Block of State wearing a blue Hoodie and no shoes.
- Vandal punching vehicles in Ralphs parking lot 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Subject code 40 at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas code 2 medics took him away.
- 45 to 50 Harleys roaring Northbound from Santa Monica in Carpinteria filming and harassing drivers Northbound on the 101.
- Check the Welfare of a female singing in the Bathroom at Ortega Park.
- 242 Assault investigation GVCH.
The last couple days have been rough with pain my doctor told me once that I have one of the worse cases of arthritis he was ever seen...Yea it really hurts too! I took a walk one day that hurt like hell then yesterday I had to move a little furniture around to clean up SUNday total agony!!! walked to Rite Aide everything hips, back, arms, knees...I can get one of those scooter things but I think once I get on it I'll never get off of it until then I'll just cry with eat step silently or on this page so no one will accuse me of Whining......Have a Great MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Thomscina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Clancy, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengy, Ricky, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing We will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger