By an edhat reader

I can’t seem to find a place to get an APPOINTMENT for my booster vaccination. I have tried myturn.com and they don’t seem to have any available appointments. I’ve tried some of the local pharmacies and they indicated that they are going to be adding appointments soon. Do I just wait and check back with those pharmacies? Or is there another method to SCHEDULE a booster vaccination? I realize that every pharmacy is different and I am just asking Edhat readers if they have had any success in scheduling an appointment. I would rather schedule an appointment as opposed to waiting for an hour or more. Any help is appreciated Thank you.

Snorky Dec 03, 2021 02:57 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

Costco requires an appointment now. But, they have them all. Pfizer, Moderna, J&J. Even w/ appt. a bit of a wait.

Crabby Patty Dec 03, 2021 02:00 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I got an appointment at the Rite Aid in Carp. They seem to have a lot of available appointments.

Andrea Smith Dec 03, 2021 02:40 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

Oh my I had such a hard time I finally got on in Carpinteria! All the local CVS, etc. were booked out, even Sansum the first available is December 23. kicking myself for not going sooner as I am flying but, it is what it is. I didn't know Costco has walk ins, might try that before the appointment to get it sooner and then cancel. I know someone who walked into Ralphs Pharmacy on Carillo. But if you want an appointment, I used My Turn and you just have to keep putting in dates and clicking through the different locations [i.e. CVS] until a date has open times available. It's tedious. Good luck.

letmego Dec 06, 2021 10:23 AM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I think CVS was booked because of the opening of vaccinations to 5-11. We immediately booked our child for his two doses when they opened them up. Spouse and I scheduled our boosters right before they opened them up to all adults (fun fact: a BMI of 26 is considered "at risk").

EastBeach Dec 03, 2021 02:44 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I was surprised some folks I know who go to Sansum Clinic didn't think of them for their booster. An appointment can be made via MyChart. You can choose Pfizer or Moderna. At the Pesetas clinic, business was brisk last night. You'd think they were giving away free pizzas!

Andrea Smith Dec 03, 2021 03:09 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

Sansum is booked out until right before Christmas, that was about 5 days ago so probably into January now. I got an appointment sooner at CVS granted I have to go to Carp but no biggie, rather get it sooner than later!

mtndriver Dec 04, 2021 10:12 AM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I imagine people are responding to the Omicron variant, that's why there is suddenly more demand. Good that more people are getting boosted, but makes it harder to get an appt. I agree about Sansum--there were a lot of openings when I scheduled mine, but that was a few weeks ago, before Omicron became a worry for people. Simple to schedule, very efficiently handled.

Lolasmama Dec 03, 2021 03:36 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I called Sansum Clinic on Thursday and got an appointment for my booster on Saturday. Go to their website for the number to call.

sbmh2015 Dec 03, 2021 04:57 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I use vaccines.gov. I just searched Pfizer within 25 miles of SB zip code.

Nicole55 Dec 03, 2021 04:58 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I've heard of people going to Solvang as they seemed to have more spots open there. I don't know where exactly they went in Solvang but could be worth checking pharmacies there.

EastBeach Dec 03, 2021 05:23 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

Funny I signed up @Sansum less than 2 weeks ago and got in last night. Wonder if that's because I selected the Moderna booster instead of the more commonly requested Pfizer? Just a guess. Staff must have asked me three times to confirm Moderna was what I wanted. So perhaps give that a try and see if the offered schedule improves.

SBCountyLocal Dec 03, 2021 05:23 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

A few weeks ago I called Rite Aid on Milpas about walkin appointments. At the time they were offering them a few days a week. I got my flu shot and covid vaccination the same day.

LooseCannon Dec 03, 2021 10:08 PM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I have been using vaccinefinder.com. Pfizer'd in April. Tried to schedule a booster shot numerous times and kept getting rejected because you had to be immunocompromised otherwise it would reject you, even though the state and the feds are saying all adults should get the booster asap. So the trick is to say you are immunocompromised and then you will be able to get an appointment. It's a ridiculous bullshit system.

a-1638632858 Dec 04, 2021 07:47 AM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

I got all (3 plus a flu shot!) of mine at CVS - scheduled online. They even have the option to go to a different location to find the best time. Really easy.

ZeroHawk Dec 06, 2021 10:16 AM
Where to Get Booster Vaccinations?

get online, like you did to post this, but intead of coming to Edhat, use your time to instead go to the county health page or just use google and search...like i just did and you'll find the same thing i just did. a list of places in town to get a booster. why waste time coming here to ask when you could have found out for yourself on another website....
LOL