Scanner Reports 2-19-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Once upon a time, long, long ago, a man named Peter Sklar took interest in my rants and offered to let me post things I heard over a police scanner and rant a little here on edhat. I agreed to it and have been ranting ever since. One day around Christmas I was hanging out doing laundry looking toward Milpas street as I was walking that way and I saw a 1963 Buick station wagon go by, I ran down the driveway to get a Look-See but by the time I got down to the end of the driveway it was gone. I turned and went back up the driveway and told Belinda about the vehicle. My mother had one, a 1963 Buick Skylark only it wasn't a wagon. I hadn't seen a station wagon like that for many years I was bummed that the vehicle got away so quickly, I'd probably never see it again probably some tourist from LA drove it up here, damn tourists. I went back to what I had been doing before. A couple minutes later I noticed a man walking up the driveway with a big smile on his face he was holding a plate of Christmas cookies. I don't trust people that smile, never have they scare me, I asked him if I could help him he said he was looking for some guy named Roger, I said that would be me I shook his hand and grabbed the cookies before he could change his mind...We spoke for some time I introduced him to Belinda, (I miss them both so much) then I walked him over to the parking lot next door as he said he had parked there in his 1963 Buick Skylark station wagon. "Will I'll be a Son of a Gun!" I said and added "That is your car!!!" I told him I ran down the driveway to get a better look and it was gone. I love older cars, always have can't stand these pieces of crap on the roads nowadays, one fender bender they are done plus they cost as much as a house. After seeing his vehicle, smile and all I trusted him. We were friends I was very sad when he became ill then passed away, but he wanted Edhat to go on and as long as Edhat goes on ,so will I until my time comes. I thought when Belinda sobered up a couple years after Peters death I would ask her to marry me after some time but she had some kind of incident during a seizure and she passed away too. Someday I hope to be with all my friends again until then I am here.
Here is your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Check the welfare of a guy in the 500 Block of Bath street who threw everything in his apartment out of the window. He had recently committed vandalism at the Athletic Club across the street, they took care of him.
- Medical call 102 North Hope Ave.
- Camper blocking the sidewalk 100 Block of East Anapamu.
- 415 Loud Music 700 Block of Castillo street.
- Female squatter in reporting parties vehicle 300 Block of West Haley. she was taken care of too.
- Suspicious Circumstances involving a 16 month old child in the ICU at Cottage hospital who ingested some kind of medication.
- SBPD on a subject at Vera Cruz park.
- Burglary 300 Block of Hot Springs in Montecito.
- Suspicious subject checking car doors wearing a towel wearing a towel at the Double Tree 633 East Cabrillo the police took care of him too they have extra clothing in jail.
- Medical call unconscious subject 900 Block of Walnut.
- Cathedral Oaks and Turnpike suspicious backpack leaning up against a no parking sign.
- Road Rage 100 Block of South La Cumbre Lane male in a black Honda 23103 reckless yelling vehicle registered on San Leonardo Lane.
- Check the Welfare of a male down next to a wheelchair 4 South Milpas.
- 20002 Nino's and Cabrillo, Non injury hit and run suspect in a grey van got blocked in South Milpas traffic and though they tried to get away they did not get far 2 Blocks, Ha,ha,ha..
- 2 Homeless subjects fighting in front of Spud Nuts 220 West Carrillo.
- 415 Domestic 800 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Juveniles a dozen or so skat boarding in a parking garage Traffic Hazard 900 Block of Anacapa.
- Medical call for a subject on the ground at Stop and Rob ob El Sueno at Calle Real.
- Medical call broken wrist 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Structure Fire 1100 Block of West Harding.- Embezzlement investigation 7-11 in the 1900 Block of State street.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 300 Block of North Milpas.
- Fall from a wheel chair or possibly wheelchair vs a vehicle in the Lemon Tree parking lot in the 2800 Block of State street.
- Overdose at the Library 40 East Anapamu.
Scanner Reports Saturday:
- 1800 Block of East Mountain patrols out with 2 subjects.
- 415 Subject 900 Block of State street at Marshalls
- Death At Cottage rest in Peace.
- Suspicious subjects using a ladder to enter a residence in the 1100 Block of East Mason.
- Death in a residence Medical Rest in Peace.
- H&S Drug deal hand to hand in the Santa Barbara News Press parking lot off Anacapa.
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 1100 Block of Anacapa.
- An elderly male touched a young boy unknown to him in an inappropriate place at Lake Cachuma camp grounds.
- Combative subject at Cottage in a police car banging his head they were going to wrap him but I think they just ran him out to jail.
- Threats investigation 4000 Block of Foothill.
- 5 Shots reported heard in the area 700 Block of Circle Drive police checked it out.
- Blood on the sidewalk 125 La Cumbre Lane This is a job for Public Works!
- Found Property 1800 Block of Los Canolas.
- 1300 Block of Flora Vista in the park 5 Adults were drinking alcohol associated with a grey Toyota pick up truck in the presence of a 5-year-old boy who was with them.
- 415 Domestic Milpas at Mason.
- 3 People walking South on Milpas from 101 North Milpas DRUNK! GET THEM!
- 415 Domestic 1100 Block of Indio Muerto 415 Domestic male not allowing the female to leave her apartment seems like women date guys like this when they are young then date nice guys when they are older and treat the nice guys like Shit, jus sayin.
- Subject seen running behind a property reported as suspicious.
- Medical call Fall victim 2900 Block of Stadium Drive.
- Prowler on Virginia Road in Montecito.- Subjects with open containers on State and Haley streets.
- 8 Juveniles with open containers of Alcohol drinking on a picnic bench at Hendrys beach I wonder who's kids they are?
Scanner Reports, Sunday
- Medical call for back and leg pain 200 South Milpas I have that all the time but it wasn't me I think I'll just wait till I die before I call for help again I think I'd be accepted better in the afterlife then I am here people call me a Troll here, SNOT very nice.
- Check the Welfare of a small dog panting in a grey Honda accord parked in the SUN at I-Hop 1701 State street.
- 415 Fight Juveniles with sticks fighting other juveniles with sticks in the back of Waller Park.
- Medical call 6000 Block of Hollister.
- Motorcyclist Down Calle Real at highway 154 injury accident.
- Nice young man named Dwayne offering free samples of Meth to passerbys highway 101 Southbound offramp at Castillo Dwayne is a WMA wearing a black shirt in his 30's.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Carrillo at Bath street red car surf boards on top last seen Shoreline Meigs area Reporting Party got license plate turned him in.
- Check the area for overdue swimmers One Mesa Lane Harbor Patrol and Engine 6, a 14-Year-old, and a 19-year-old.
- 415 Domestic occurred on FRYday, reported today on Santa Barbara street.
- Highway 101 at Sheffield injury accident between a Fiat and a Honda.
- Suspicious males with ladders climbing up a utility pole in the 800 Block of West Micheltorena 3 HMA
- Disoriented elderly male 2200 Block of Modoc check the Welfare.
- 415 Juvenile 14-year-old yelling 800 Block of Vina.
- Missing swimmers located off Mesa Lane.
- 415 Argument over recycling 600 Block of West Sola.
- SBPD was attempting to locate a subject in the 600 Block of San Pascual I don't know why they were just looking for someone I don't know why.
- A silver Audi running lights and yelling profanities First East DLG.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 101 Northbound at Summerland.
- Check the Welfare of someone not heard from in several days 300 Block of South Canada. They were OK.
So all weekend I have been not feeling too good, guess I got something last night. I had the worse aches and pains night before that cramps. Horrible pain when I don't feel good I get a little ANGRY on Saturday a TURDest waved their arm in my face and yelled "Go Away!" in my Face as I was going next door to get a drink. I guess I have to cut my hair and look acceptable for everyone in Santa Barbara The person who did that will never know how close they came to losing their arm they almost hit me. I don't like getting yelled at I don't like fighting I guess from now on I just won't leave my home ever again and take a vow of silence and not speak any more course I'll continue writing the scanner reports, I will not cut my hair. Have a Great MONday-MONday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin,Clancy, Thomasina, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim, Diana, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday... Later, Roger