Handyman Referral

By an edhat reader

I am installing SafeRacks in my garage and am looking for a person with experience installing this brand. If you had a good experience with a licensed/insured handyman, I would appreciate it if you would share their name and contact information. Thank you!

Andrea Smith Jul 30, 2021 11:28 AM
Handyman Referral

Just for information, any work under $500 does not require a contractor's license. So, most folks who do "handyman" work if they do work typically under that amount don't bother to get a license b/c it's not worth it for what they do, and most contractors who do work valued more than that typically and who are therefore licensed often don't want to do small jobs. I can understand why you'd want someone licensed but you may want to consider loosening that requirement in order to find someone or you may not find anyone unless of course this type of work would be more than $500 which nowadays it might be. Insurance is important though. Good luck in your search!

Channelfog Jul 30, 2021 01:12 PM
Handyman Referral

As a former licensed SB contractor, I'll say that some of us do take on small jobs, when work is thin or we think it might blossom into a bigger project. Nowadays, work under $500 is rare. Hire a licensed, insured contractor and get references from satisfied clients. My 2¢.

remarker Jul 30, 2021 05:32 PM
Handyman Referral

And, if it matters to you and your family, ask the persons you hire if they have had the Covid vaccine. Not all professionals will volunteer that they haven’t.

Byzantium Jul 30, 2021 05:56 PM
Handyman Referral

Try recommendations on NextDoor - many there like "Edward the Fixit Guy" for smaller jobs.

john ummel Jul 31, 2021 08:59 AM
Handyman Referral

Try Danny Parker, 805-451-4920. He has done small, medium and large jobs at my house.

GetAGrip Jul 31, 2021 03:28 PM
Handyman Referral

Jorge Santiago: (805) 453-9308 is an excellent, honest, personable thorough handyman.