Chick-fil-A Traffic title=

Photos by Josh B.

New traffic signs installed on Upper State Street in Santa Barbara stating, "Illegal to Block Street Waiting for Drive Thru" and "No Stopping on Sidewalk."

bosco Jan 14, 2021 09:09 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Can someone legitimately explain to me why it's so popular? I ate there once to see what the hype was. The food tastes like every other fast food place. The same crappy quality and high price. It's no different than Jack in the box, McDonalds, etc. I just don't get it. I get the religious/conservative element, but that can't surely be why so many people go there right?

ZeroHawk Jan 14, 2021 09:56 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Bosco i'm with you....it's just fried fat and poor quality processed (overly processed) food. I tried it a few times and think it's nasty. I'll pay a few $ more and get me some Sushi and teriyaki down at the harbor....or even Hana Kitchen. Way healthier alternative...

HOUSER01 Jan 14, 2021 09:17 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Just a few days ago, it took me 8 seconds to put on my blinker, look in my side mirror and change into the center lane. What a huge inconvenience!!!! I was late for somewhere I didn't have to be. I flipped off the entire line of cars to boot. How dare these people inconvenience me just to get there spoiled kids chicken nuggets.

sfgac055 Jan 14, 2021 09:50 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

This is also an issue at the drive thru Starbucks at Turnpike/Calle Real.

ZeroHawk Jan 14, 2021 09:54 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Chik Filet again guys? man you people sure do love your fatty fried unhealthy food....and it's illegal to impede traffic and block public access/sidewalks. that's simple. will the city do anything? nope...not until someone is injured or worse. that's the way this place (SB city) operates. Also, since it's not "downtown" the city officials may not care as much since it doesn't impact tourism...just us.

a-1610647796 Jan 14, 2021 10:09 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

ZEROHAWK actually, it's chicken, so not too fatty, nor necessarily fried. They have the healthiest options for fast food in town. I can get 12 grilled chicken nuggets for 200 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g carbs and 38g protein for a total of 0 Weightwatchers points. No need to waltz in here with your false assumptions about everyone.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:16 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

im sorry but did you just try and say that fried chicken is healthy? you, need to waltz your false "CLAIMS" of health food right out of here. fast food is not healthy and never will be.

a-1610745640 Jan 15, 2021 01:20 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Hey PSTARS how about you read the words that are written. I said "grilled," not fried. Further, healthiest option for "fast food." Not saying it's healthy, but of all the fast food garbage, this is the healthiest. Do you not understand comparative words?

Shmonk Jan 15, 2021 01:52 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTAR - the person literally says grilled nuggets. did you even try to read before spouting off angrily?

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:35 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

awwww lots of hurt feelings when someone comes in and posts" angrily" to you too. re-read your first post A-1610647796, your response to zerohawk was unneeded and snarky. so you got one in return.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:37 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

monk, there are more than nuggies on that menu. im not stupid. just because someone lists the LOWEST caloric content item on the menu, doesnt automatically make me go..... OHHH they are healthy! its still fried chicken.

a-1610750322 Jan 15, 2021 02:38 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTARS: bwahahah someone was snarky to Zero and you're rushing to his/her aid? Oh that's just rich!

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 02:42 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

glad I could lighten up your day, it looked like it was needed.

a-1610750865 Jan 15, 2021 02:47 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

PSTARS: no, it's grilled chicken. Big difference.

Jones13 Jan 14, 2021 10:24 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

This will get better once people can eat inside restaurants again.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:15 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

no, but nice try..... this has been an issue before. you guys got to get new lines.....

a-1610660681 Jan 14, 2021 01:44 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Different traffic conflicts but the Starbucks at Turnpike is a nightmare as well, at many times during the day; saw a bicyclist narrowly avoid getting hit since the bike lane is blocked by the drive through line. Insanity.

PdW Jan 14, 2021 01:56 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Never mind that, nothing to see here. We like their politics (and mocha latte) more than chiks (whatever)!

Ahchooo Jan 14, 2021 03:04 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Oh , no. I have a very liberal, Starbucks-drinking friend who lives near the offending Starbucks, and he would love to see that drive-through removed.

Sail380 Jan 15, 2021 12:33 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Did you liberal, coffee drinking friend go to any planning meetings to voice there opinion, If they did, good for them. If not, suck it up and become more active in there community

hunkymon Jan 14, 2021 02:27 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Sometimes the employees stand in the street taking orders from backed up traffic. This was before the pandemic.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:14 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

they should also point out that drivers shouldnt part in the street, but they dont.

agentsme Jan 14, 2021 09:29 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

I had to go to Rusty's next door one day to drop something off and I had no idea of this traffic issue until I found myself in it. WT!
I was in the middle lane on State and when getting closer to Rusty's tried to go in the right lane and the lane was so tight - no one let me in. Of course the Rusty's driveway was blocked and I was unable to enter the Rusty's lot. (How do their drivers get in and out?) I had to go around the block (because I did not want to be an a$#hole blocking the middle lane with lots of cars behind me and wait for someone to let me through. I went around the block and got in the "ChickFilet" line. It took me a good 7 minutes after that to get to my destined drive way (wait through a few lights). I think that this is SO wrong and surprised it's allowed to happen (as it obviously affects other businesses. Also saw Chick Filet customers park at Rusty's and walk over.... hmmmmm....)

Seabird Jan 14, 2021 10:04 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Letters to the mayor and members of City Council can actually go a long way. Chiming in on Edhat and other forums is great for validation, but if you want to make anything happen, you MUST email the council. Takes just a couple of minutes.

Watcher237 Jan 15, 2021 08:04 AM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

Guess this is what success looks like during a mandated pandemic shutdown.

pstarSR Jan 15, 2021 01:12 PM
Chick-fil-A Traffic

dont go near this area today! with the construction they have limited the lane to 1, and its merge is RIGHT AT CHIK-FIL-A. the backup was rediculous at noon. Still tons of people sitting in the street waiting for chik fil a, literally parked right under those new signs. with EMPLOYEES sitting in the parking lot, not saying a damn thing.

Pages