Scanner Reports 8-7-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
What if somehow the bills that protect renters did not pass all agreements, fell through, and a mass of evictions were allowed to occur tossing many California residents out on the streets into a massive wave of homelessness? For those of you who rent how would you survive? Would you accept help from Family or Friends? Sleep in a vehicle? or out on the streets? I'm curious because I know there are a lot of renters out there. I don't know the exact figures off hand but I know there are many. I am curious if some of you know how to survive? It is very important to know how to survive the great outdoors if need be. I do have one suggestion if this happens: hook up with friends and do not camp alone. It is dangerous to camp alone anywhere unless you have a secure hiding place. I have not been homeless for many years and am pretty much disabled yet if need be I would do what I had to do to survive. Don't carry much cash either if it happens many homeless people get robbed the less able one is to take care of themselves the more of a chance of getting robbed though reality wise I believe renters will be covered and there won't be mass evictions here one must be prepared and that is why I bring the question up of What would you do? With that HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Tenants arguing 300 Block of South Voluntario
- Male subject in a vehicle passed out in the drive-through at Jack in the Box 500 Block of North Milpas when police arrived he was gone employees said it was medical issue narcolepsy.
- Illegal campers on Overpass we might all be illegal campers someday.
- Suspicious vehicle at Pueblo and Oak Park Lane green van in the loading zone with the flashers on several hours.
- Subject on a roof evading police in the 3200 Block of State street. I liked the part where he was climbing out of the window and saw a cop watching him and went back into the building. I don't know if they ever caught up with the guy.
- Transients causing problems at the 7-11 432 North Milpas street.
- Medical Emergency Los Positas Southbound offramp off highway 101.
- Wanted Subject Milpas at Montecito streets in Santa Barbara.
- 20001pc In Santa Barbara Hope at State street and Pursuit with SBSO suspect was driving a grey Toyota Avalon and got away for now.
- Traffic Stop 1100 Cliff Drive passenger in vehicle had a felony warrant.
- Kayak in distress at Hollywood Beach.
- 1100 Block of Greyson overdose.
- Check the welfare of a female at Bath and Cottage Grove wearing P.J. Bottoms Reporting party thinks she might cause an accident.
- Check the welfare of a child crying over an hour after being slapped in the 200 Block of West DLG.
- Public Assist Dog rescue from the cliffs 2500 Block of Metcliff.
- Transient yelling while not wearing a mask on the patio of the Habit 216 South Milpas street.
- Medical call 1100 Block of San Pascual.
- Juveniles fighting at Skaters point 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Vehicle accident Los Carneros overpass traffic accident.
- Disabled vehicle 200 Block of Garden street.
- Med call 633 East Cabrillo.
- Medical call 900 Block of Chapala city lot 2.
- 600 Block of East Cota one roommate threatening to beat up the other roommate's daughter.
- TRANSIENTS Disturbing at KFC and threatening to burn the building down.
- Public Assist, Ring stuck on finger 500 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Trespasser at the Public Market 38 West Victoria.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- BOLO for someone hanging a sign over the overpass Southbound at Olive Mill Road.
- First Block of Sunset Drive in Ventura Assault
- Drunk driving female in a tan Buick sedan leaving Stearns Wharf child in the vehicle that was early AM Thursday.
- Premises check Alice Keck Park.
- Med call 1200 Block of Veronica Springs Road.
- Premises check Alameda Park, and Kids World.
- 415pc Transient harassing people and refusing to leave the parking lot 619 Garden Street.
- Sonny Boy took off in Mommys Mercedes he had the keys not sure where he took the vehicle from had one of those fancy pansy street names. He probably won't go to jail anyway.
- Fire Alarms no Fire 3800 Block of State street.
- Fall victim 524 Milpas street.
- Medical call 800 Block of Shoreline Drive.
- Large Homeless camp on Edison Street East Side
- Medical call 900 Block of Tremento Road.
- Footsie Patrol Plaza Del Mar 100 Block of Castillo
- On Robin Hill Road SBSO requested on an Employee Under the Influence of Meth with a firearm in his vehicle to be fired Keep the Peace call.
- Check the Welfare on Camino Del Sur for a female covered in blood, plus Medical call in I.V.
- 415 Transient yelling in Brownies Market 435 DLV and a Suspicious subject wearing a Bunny Suit not sure if the Bunny was in the same place that was how I heard the call.
- Check the Welfare of a male passed out at Trader Joes 222 North Milpas.
- Probation check 200 Block of South Voluntario.
- Med call 800 Block of North Ruefgo.
Really gloomy lately I feel like I'm stuck in the mud anyway. Have a great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tiger, Tomicina, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE, TWO, AND THREE,Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Firefighter Robert, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, John Prime, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Lucky, Little Mac, Bill, John, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger.