Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Armed robbery at Whole Foods on State Street. The weapon was a knife, the robber took a basket full of food.

Ahlia Jun 03, 2020 02:18 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Have you noticed ? The more they keep packing the State & La Cumbre neighborhood with more development projects (very high density with NO access streets .... the more crime is being reported ! Strongarm robberies of several businesses, mugging robberies of citizens in broad daylight :-( The criminals are getting even bolder :-(

a-1593989941 Jun 03, 2020 04:36 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Hey Roger with all due respect, genius, when they opened up Hope to 101 it was a Wells Fargo. The constant robberies caused them to install bullet proof glass everywhere and to eventually close and relocate across State Street. The point of the post was that that area has always had its share of crime, I am sure you would agree.

a-1593989941 Jun 03, 2020 03:12 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

It is an illusion that crime is getting worse. See Roger's comment. Also reference the rug store on Hope Ave. It was a Wells Fargo. It got robbed so many times ( due to the then new 101 on ramp for easy get away) that they had to close it . Take off the rose colored glasses.

Schifter Jun 03, 2020 01:29 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Roger, how about writing some memoirs? Your blogs and comments are great, but I want something that holds a bookmark--that I can hold in my hands. Just sayin....

Roger Jun 03, 2020 02:12 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

I was going to write a story for FRYday but in the words of thy great Bukowski I just feel like getting drunk now.

Luvaduck Jun 03, 2020 09:12 AM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Roger, among all this craziness and lock-step silliness, I can count on your SOH, life stories and conclusions from experience. Bless your wicked heart as Mom used to say.

Roger Jun 02, 2020 07:37 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Funny thing back in 1981 I worked at the Akron where Whole Foods is now on my break one day I went to Char West where Dunkin Donuts is now I was going to buy sodas for all my co-workers. A woman was robbed by some guy at the Crocker Bank ready teller, Crocker bank was on the other side of the creek directly behind the Mobil gas station at State and Hope. The robber went into the creek I gave chase chasing him into La Cumbre Plaza where he was caught. I cannot remember the police officers name who took me back to work but he gave me his card and told me when there was an opening I should apply for the PD. I Told him I couldn't as I was on probation..Years later I met the robber I chased in an AA Meeting he told me that I took 7 years of his life from him. I told him that he did that to himself that was 39 years ago...

Roger Jun 02, 2020 09:04 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

No I have several police scanners analog local and one digital bearcat...

a-1593989941 Jun 02, 2020 08:28 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

When we were kids, that building (where Circuit City used to be) was the Fiesta Bowl (bowling alley.)

mp805 Jun 02, 2020 08:01 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Roger do you use Broadcastify to listen to scanner reports? was just listening to NY City right now and its pure crazy....https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/32890

Roger Jun 02, 2020 06:16 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

On a possible suspect on Bank of the West property laying down next to a dumpster directly across from Dunkin Donuts.

Roger Jun 02, 2020 05:56 PM
Armed Robbery at Whole Foods

Yellow Backpack, black socks walking Westbound on the North sidewalk...Short brown hair short beard no tattoos...