Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
6:18 p.m., June 13, 2017

A woman was mugged for her bicycle near World Market in downtown Santa Barbara. The bike is a gold Giant mountain bike, the suspect was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a hat. It's possible two suspects were involved because I have been listening to a foot pursuit involving a victim of a bicycle theft. Not sure where that pursuit started from but they were at Ortega and De La Vina when it was called in.

Roger Jun 14, 2017 09:45 AM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

Thank You for your comments and ZEROHAWK you Rock! I was wondering how in the heck you folks was moving so fast by the way I'm an old hippie and I listen to everything.

ZeroHawk Jun 14, 2017 09:55 AM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

thanks man...appreciate the kindness. it's a community effort. I know many of the officers that work downtown, they are wonderful people. Very different from the PD back in the 80s... I am always willing to help folks in need. hope others learn from this and help out as well. These are the types of actions that keep jerks away from downtown and help bridge the gap between the public and the PD. ;)

ZeroHawk Jun 14, 2017 09:03 AM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

The pursuit started in front of World Market. I was a bystander that helped catch the creep. One man started chasing him down, I got on my skateboard and caught up. The hoodie wearing thug ran into the old VW dealership at Ortega and Chapala and appeared to try to hide or stash something. I went to look at what he possibly hid, and tossed my skateboard to the other guy who proceeded to catch up with the jerk in a hoodie. Dude on skateboard hit hoodie guy and knocked him down. Several other things happened but eventually the hoodie guy was picked up by SBPD. I got my board back, and bad guy was caught. No he was not black, what does that matter? I'm white and listen to punk rock and I wear a hoodie. Keep your racist comments to yourself. Thanks.

a-1574378772 Jun 14, 2017 08:11 AM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

Thank you Roger for reporting this. It's also sad that we have people such as RickLowe85 in our community.

Roger Jun 13, 2017 07:20 PM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

Got away I guess...Not much of a description might be homeless though they never said either way Roger over and out for now.

Roger Jun 13, 2017 07:18 PM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

Report that suspect involved in bicycle theft is at the Fig Tree...never HEARD ANY MORE ABOUT THIS Call came out about 10 minutes ago now.

Roger Jun 13, 2017 06:20 PM
Woman Mugged for Bicycle Downtown

That victim possibly caught up with suspect number 2 at the Haley at Castillo on ramp at least that is where that pursuit ended I'm not sure if that subject was caught. I just heard that the police and victim was there but am pretty sure the suspect is also...