Winner Announced in Fiesta Pequeña Contest
Fiesta Pequena in 2017 (Photo: Fritz Olenberger)
For a chance to win prime seating during Wednesday's La Fiesta Pequeña, we asked edhat readers to submit the number of La Presidenta's throughout the history of Old Spanish Days.
The answer is 8. There have been 8 La Presidenta's out of 71 total Presidentes since 1927. They are:
- 1985 Meta Duell
- 1995 Ellen Harte
- 2000 Wendy Ayala
- 2003 Christine Gallagher
- 2007 Kelly Jensen
- 2011 Joanne Funari
- 2017 Rhonda Ledson Henderson
- 2018 Denise Sanford
Of those entries who correctly identified the number 8, we picked one winner. Congratulations to edhat reader Mago for being the lucky winner!
It's Fiesta time! Old Spanish Days has kicked off events this week with the official start this coming Wednesday. The highly anticipated Fiesta Pequena event will take place at 8:00 p.m. at Old Mission Santa Barbara.
The Franciscans of the Santa Barbara Mission welcome everyone to enjoy the official opening of Old Spanish Days Fiesta, a tradition since 1927. La Fiesta Pequeña, “Little Fiesta”, is a colorful, historical program which includes traditional songs and dance from Californios Spirit.
This event is free to the public, but as any local knows, the fight for seating and blanket space can be intense. Blankets, chairs or any other items left to reserve seating will not be allowed until 6 AM on Wednesday, the morning of the show. Any items before this time will be removed and confiscated by the City Parks Department.
Skip all of that and enter edhat's contest below for a chance to have prime, reserved seating, towards the front of the stage! In honor of this year's La Presidenta Denise Sanford, enter the correct number of total Fiesta women presidents (aka La Presidenta's) including this year. Your entry must be received by Tuesday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m. and abide by the rules below. Of all the correct answers, we'll pick the winner at random who will be notified on Tuesday evening.
[Guessing has closed]
- One entry per person
- All boxes must be filled out correctly
- Email address on the entry must be tied to an edhat account [They're free! Create one here.]
- Entry must be received by Tuesday, July 31 at 5:00 p.m.
- The contestant who follows all the rules and entered the correct # will be placed in a larger group where a winner will be selected at random
- Winner will receive 2 tickets for reserved seating at Fiesta Pequeña on Wednesday, August 1 at 8:00 p.m.
- Winner will be notified on Tuesday evening (July 31) and must respond in a timely manner. If after several attempts to contact the winner with no response, a new winner will be selected.
La Fiesta Pequeña
Wednesday, August 1, 2018