Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll! title=
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

Vidal, Hunter, Gutierrez, and Rivas are running for the District 3 Santa Barbara City Councilmember seat

Tuesday, June 5, is election day and some local races could be decided by just a few votes.

Edhat readers have not been shy in the past few months to share their opinions on some of these candidates. Candidates for County Sheriff, District 3 Councilmember, and Auditor-Controller have been hotly contested.

Take our edhat voter poll below for just a few of the races to state who you will vote for, or who you already voted for, and share your thoughts in the comments below.

a-1528299804 Jun 06, 2018 08:43 AM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

Looks like the guy that "lives with his mom" is winning. Good for him! But, since he was backed by Murillo, bummer for SB residents!

Ducky Jun 05, 2018 07:30 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

I lost total and complete faith in the system when I and a majority of Californians voted yes on 187, in 1994, and then were told it was “unconstitutional”, or some such crap. So, people whom are here illegally have more “constitutional” rights than the people who are paying their way (ie, taxpaying citizens)? Freaking joke...

Roger Jun 05, 2018 04:40 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

I voted for Bill Brown because I think he is a great Sheriff and I am a former inmate of SB County Jail. I think he has done more for the inmates than any other Sheriff has as long as I have been here it was UNheard of for Fire and Medics to respond to the county jail ion my day but I hear medical calls there all the time now. This latest thing with the shelter animals Wonderful...

Luvaduck Jun 05, 2018 02:33 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

Taxing marijuana at every level from production to purchase would add a considerable chunk to end cost. Remains to be seen if it will sell for more than illegal operations provide it. Also, since there seems to be no discrimination btw medical products and recreational products and medicine is not taxed--anyway at the distribution point, how can rational taxation rates be determined currently?

a-1528225475 Jun 05, 2018 12:04 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

The issue with Measure T, the marijuana tax, is it doesn't spell out specifically where the money will go. If it went to public schools or roads, then yes all for it. But it doesn't explicitly state where the funds will be used, which means it could go to their salaries or something else ridiculous. Our local reps already can't be trusted with the budget, don't give them more money to waste without restrictions.

a-1528216396 Jun 05, 2018 09:33 AM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

I did NOT receive my ballot for district 3, and neither did other neighbors of mine, so now today we must all drive out to County Elections and take who knows how long to stand in line and vote there. Funny thing, we are all registered Republicans, and neighbors registered as Democrats did get their local ballot. Think that's coincidental? And, this being SB, I will hide my handle to avoid recrimination for being a Republican.

tagdes Jun 05, 2018 10:48 AM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

I feel your pain, I'm not even republican but always check for a security camera and hide the Montecito Journal under my Independent lest anyone see it. Rest assured I only read Ernie's World.

a-1528219032 Jun 05, 2018 10:17 AM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

I don't understand, do you think you were denied a ballot because of your political party affiliation? Is that really what you're saying?

a-1528170564 Jun 04, 2018 08:49 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

He's 34. He's got a fiancee. There's nothing in his resume that qualifies him for this job. He hasn't signed a lease yet or had to pay his own bills. Why would anyone consider him qualified for the management of a $100 million plus annual budget?

Ahchooo Jun 04, 2018 08:42 PM
Who Will You Vote For? Take Our Edhat Poll!

With rents the way they are in this town, if Oscar gets along with his mom and can share living expenses with her in a pleasant house in a decent neighborhood, there is no shame in that. He is employed, and behaves like a fully functioning, intelligent, capable, kind adult. Whether he is the best person for the council is another question, but don't slam him for living with mom.