What are you Thankful for?

What are you Thankful for? title=

By an edhat reader

The roots of Thanksgiving are not something to celebrate, but if we reflect on the positive side, it's a nice reminder to stop and give thanks for all that you have. The poem below reminded me of that.

What are edhat readers thankful for?

When Giving Is All We Have

One river gives
Its journey to the next.

We give because someone gave to us.
We give because nobody gave to us.

We give because giving has changed us.
We give because giving could have changed us.

We have been better for it,
We have been wounded by it—

Giving has many faces: It is loud and quiet,
Big, though small, diamond in wood-nails.

Its story is old, the plot worn and the pages too,
But we read this book, anyway, over and again:

Giving is, first and every time, hand to hand,
Mine to yours, yours to mine.

You gave me blue and I gave you yellow.
Together we are simple green. You gave me

What you did not have, and I gave you
What I had to give—together, we made

Something greater from the difference.

Luvaduck Nov 23, 2018 09:31 AM
What are you Thankful for?

I have a dry, clean, warm place to sleep where I won't be killed or molested; I have decent health and will eat regularly and have an OK place to take a dump for the rest of my life barring world disaster, and I don't hate anybody.

a-1568607658 Nov 23, 2018 09:11 AM
What are you Thankful for?

I'm grateful for so many brick chimneys that survive wildfires. Am wondering if houses can be constructed of just simply chimneys...?

22701015201 Nov 23, 2018 08:15 AM
What are you Thankful for?

Grateful for Edhat Editors who un-delete posts voted down by spiteful Murillo fans. I am also grateful that Ms. Anna Marie Gott has gotten people behind her to help save my neighborhood from a project that should not have gotten as far it has. Other than that, I have an amazing family, good friends and a job I truly enjoy. I am thankful for this and so much more. ---------------- Ms. Gott should replace Gregg Hart on Council. She has the right priorities. ---------------- (Let's see how long that takes to delete!)

x01660 Nov 23, 2018 01:21 AM
What are you Thankful for?

I'm thankful that I'm alive, mentally and physically well, and live in this point in spacetime (as they are inextricably intertwined). I've lived for years in an authoritarian 3rd world country, and I know how bad it can get. I've seen it and had it affect my direct family.... the fact that I was able to wake up, go on a motorcycle ride, then spend a few hours with friends before going to work is a treasure in and of itself. :)

MountainMan4865 Nov 22, 2018 11:23 PM
What are you Thankful for?

First and foremost for my family... so lucked out on an awesome mother that worked so hard and raised me right. A son, that brings a tear to my eye, and a husband that makes me so proud - my three best friends. So, so, so thankful for my community, my neighborhood. We are the disfunctional family I never had and I love it to death. My neighbors are my friends and my neighbors are next door and a mile away, we are a community. I feel so fortunate. I don't have money, but I am the wealthiest person I know. I am eternally grateful for the edhat community. Eternally grateful for Roger, I can only hope that we can meet someday. You are our neighbor... I don't care how far away you are.

Roger Nov 22, 2018 05:41 PM
What are you Thankful for?

I'm Thankful for my GE Washer I got for 50 Bones and you have no good reason to delete this one.

REX OF SB Nov 22, 2018 05:20 PM
What are you Thankful for?

I'm thankful that in a year filled with sex scandals, my name wasn't ever mentioned. And also for the beef dip sandwiches at Harry's Plaza.

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 04:38 PM
What are you Thankful for?

I’m thankful for those who choose to get involved, to lead and fight for us, at their own expense like MaGott, Id be thankful through 2020 if Ms Gott Appointed to Council. She makes inquiries, and works to problem solve.

sbpajuco108 Nov 22, 2018 03:45 PM
What are you Thankful for?

That I can share my Thanksgiving with both my parents at the age of 86 couldn’t be any better!

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 02:32 PM
What are you Thankful for?

I'm thankful for Edhat and Roger. Also, thankful that Santa Barbara/Goleta/Carpinteria are still standing and haven't been ravaged by wildfires. Thankful for all the lovely gardens. Thankful for nice people and people who smile.

420722 Nov 22, 2018 12:18 PM
What are you Thankful for?

3rd vote for Ms. Gott! Santa Barbara needs you. Other than that I’m grateful that all my family is healthy and together.

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 06:13 PM
What are you Thankful for?

We need her in the 6th not the 3rd! Hart is moving up and out. His spot opening up. She would hit the ground running! Wicked Smart. Inquisitive. Determined. Community Focused. Strong. Could not ask for a better combination in a Council rep.

LocalinSB Nov 22, 2018 01:35 PM
What are you Thankful for?

WOW! Anna Marie for Council! Looks like Murillo fans are down voting someone people are grateful for! I agree. She's terrific and needs to be on the city Council.

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 01:11 PM
What are you Thankful for?

They TOTALLY need someone like her for the 3rd District!!! She is SMART and NO PUSHOVER, unlike Eric, Cathy, and Oscar!

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 11:45 AM
What are you Thankful for?

Right on! Anna Marie 4 Council! Let's put her in Hart's seat in January. She's PERFECT! We need a campaign to get her in. - Grateful that she's a fighter.

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 01:10 PM
What are you Thankful for?

She is PERFECT for the position as she DEFINITELY has a SPINE unlike Eric and Oscar! And, most importantly, SHE IS SMART and knows her stuff inside out!! She wipes the floor with the majority of those council members including the Mayor!

a-1568607658 Nov 22, 2018 11:11 AM
What are you Thankful for?

Ms. Anna Marie Gott. The activist residents need right now!