Taco lovers rejoice! Wednesday (October 4th) is National Taco Day, and there are taco options aplenty.
From traditional street-style tacos to unique gourmet creations, there’s something for everyone to enjoy on this special day.
If you’re looking to celebrate, check out Santa Barbara’s unofficial “Taco Trail” from the Haley Corridor and the Funk Zone, to the waterfront and downtown.
This list features well known eateries like La Super Rica and Los Agaves as well as hidden gems like Tacos Pipeye and El Bajio.
While some local shops may be offering deals, there are a few chain options to entertain if you happen to spot one.
- California Tortilla: Stop by California Tortilla on Oct. 4 and leave with a free taco coupon. All you have to do is make any purchase (even just a drink). The coupons are available in store only while supplies last and are valid Oct. 5 to 11.
- Chevys Fresh Mex: All Chevys restaurants in the U.S. will offer customers a free Chevys Tacos Plate when they buy another entrée of equal or greater value. The restaurant is also offering happy hour specials like $4 draft beer and house wines and $6 Chevys House Margaritas from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Del Taco: The chain is offering “Tacoberfest” all month long with new offers weekly and free delivery with a purchase of $20 or more for rewards members between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31. Starting Oct. 4, rewards members can order the Tacoberfest Bundle (aka five snack tacos) every Wednesday in October for $3.
- El Pollo Loco: When you buy any two tacos on Oct. 4, you’ll get the third one free. The deal is only for Loco Rewards members and valid online, in the restaurant’s app and in store.
- El Torito: All El Torito restaurants are serving up a free Street Taco Trio Plate for customers who purchase another entrée of equal or greater value on Oct. 4.
- Jack in the Box: Order two Monster Tacos in the Jack App for just $0.99 on National Taco Day.
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is serving up several deals on Oct. 4. For starters, the restaurant has specials on tacos and beer. You can score a classic taco for $2, a bottled beer for $3, and a Southwest chicken taco or brisket taco for $4.
- Rubio’s is giving away free tacos on Oct. 4. The offer is valid on any à la carte taco with any purchase. You can take advantage of the deal using the code TACO on the Rubio’s app or website, or scan the coupon while ordering at the register of participating locations.
- Taco Bell: The chain is bringing back its popular taco subscription to purchase the Taco Lover’s Pass for two days only — Oct. 3 and 4 — for $10. Membership entitles you to one taco a day for 30 consecutive days, and you can choose from the following varieties: Crunchy Taco, Crunchy Taco Supreme, Soft Taco, Soft Taco Supreme, Spicy Potato Soft Taco, Doritos Locos Tacos, Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme and Breakfast Tacos (available starting Oct. 12). You can also enter for the chance to win one of 100 free Taco Lover’s Passes on the Tuesday Drops page in the Taco Bell app on Oct. 3.
While it’s a shame that National Taco Day doesn’t fall on a Tuesday, it is still is the perfect opportunity to explore the vibrant local taco scene and enjoy some delicious deals.
From food trucks to upscale restaurants, Santa Barbara County has a plethora of options to satisfy your taco cravings. So gather your friends, venture out, and indulge in the flavors of Mexico as you celebrate National Taco Day in style.