Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint title=

Update by edhat staff
November 1, 2017

Verizon Wireless on upper State Street was robbed at gunpoint on Halloween night by three men, one wearing a Batman costume.

Roger the Scanner Guy was the first to report the incident just after 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday. The three men entered the store wearing all black and forced two customers and four employees into the back of the store at gunpoint.

The suspects then stole money, phones, and merchandise from the store and the victims.

They reportedly fled on foot and have not been arrested.

If anyone has any information on this robbery, they're encouraged to contact the Santa Barbara Police Department.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
7:03 p.m., October 31, 2017

Armed robbery with a gun at the Verizon Wireless on Upper State. 3 males wearing Batman costumes.

SBPaul Nov 02, 2017 05:49 PM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

A shootout? Traumatic like a gun being shoved into your face and you end up in the back of a retail store on halloween night. The fact that a couple individuals can show up as batman with a gun and inflict terror on people is ok but... If a law abiding citizen with a license to conceal carry is able to 1. Deter the threat with more safe CCs that can make this kind of activity less likely to succeed 2. neutralize a threat to the public... But yeah lets call that the dark ages and make you a hero for being the one who ends up in the dark closet with a guy and a gun. Just give them the money is what I was told when I worked in that line of work. I say lets give them a reason to never try it again. Dark ages is when you just give up and don't think rationally.

a-1511190724 Nov 02, 2017 08:26 AM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

SBPAUL - a shootout at Verizon, huh? Yeah, folks like you are what keep America in the social dark ages. Grow up.

a-1511190724 Nov 01, 2017 02:37 PM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

Very sorry for the customers and employees. Horrible experience. But Verizon has been robbing me for years, just without a gun.

a-1511190724 Nov 01, 2017 11:51 AM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

My almost 5 year old just asked me last week if there are robbers here, I said yes son they're everywhere. How scary for the customers and employees, I'm glad no one was physically hurt.

CS805 Nov 01, 2017 12:02 PM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

So long as you know the IMEI number, any phone can be "bricked." Physically tracking the phone requires it to be turned on, cellular service, etc.

a-1511190724 Nov 03, 2017 04:27 PM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

NEW2SB - feel free to "travel" somewhere else and plant your retiree butt there. NOTWELCOME2SB.

new2sb Nov 03, 2017 05:32 PM

new2sb Nov 03, 2017 05:33 PM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

Bucky, Good idea, I will change my handle to "longnsb", since I have retired here six months each year. Glad to know you live in Goleta! Perhaps, you are on starbursts with 420 in them!

new2sb Nov 03, 2017 05:35 PM

a-1511190724 Nov 02, 2017 08:38 AM
Verizon Wireless Robbed at Gunpoint

NEW2SB - what is your deal? Why are you even here if all you do is troll? Never mind, I guess I answered my own question. Hope you're not "LONGNSB"....get it? It means don't let the door hit you on the way out!