Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus title=

Photo: Rep. Julia Brownley

By edhat staff

Ventura congresswoman Julia Brownley announced she will self-quarantine after meeting with a person in Washington D.C. who tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Rep. Brownley stated she and her staff will work remotely out of an abundance of caution even though no one is experiencing symptoms.

Brownley's office released the following statement:

“Yesterday, I was informed that an individual I met with last week in DC tested positive for COVID-19. I am told that individual is self-quarantining and has informed local public health officials.

“I consulted with the Office of Attending Physician, the CDC, Ventura County Public Health, and a personal physician experienced in infectious diseases, all of whom said that the risk of exposure to me and my staff is considered very low.

“However, given the significant number of constituents and other individuals that my staff and I normally have contact with each day when Congress is in session, I have decided to close our DC office for the week. My staff and I are working remotely to continue to serve the residents of Ventura County, and my district offices in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard remain open.

“Out of an abundance of absolute caution, my DC staff and I are self-monitoring and maintaining social distancing practices. Neither I, nor my staff, are experiencing any symptoms at this time.”

It is unclear if Rep. Brownley is self-quarantining in Ventura or Washington D.C.

Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, and Doug Collins are also self-quarantining after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) that took place late last month.

a-1583790023 Mar 09, 2020 02:40 PM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

This virus is going to put people into a tailspin financially. Our safety net is not a safety net when the vast majority of our workers do not have $400 what's for an emergency. This is why electing Bernie was so important. We need Medicare for all and we need to ensure we have a strong safety net.

a-1583791655 Mar 09, 2020 03:07 PM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

At one time I thought Bernie was legit. He used to rail on an on about "millionaires and billiinaires"....he became a millionaire, so now he only rails on and on about billionaires. What a kvetching shmendrink.

PitMix Mar 10, 2020 09:09 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

18.6 millionaires in the US. If you have been alive a while, gotten a decent salary, didn't spend it all, and purchased a house, you are likely a millionaire. As a democratic socialist, he is allowed accumulate wealth to take care of himself in retirement. If you need your candidate to be in sackcloth and ashes to be eligible for your vote, that candidate will never win an election.

jqb Mar 09, 2020 10:12 PM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

https://twitter.com/NancyChenNews/status/1237202164021432325?s=20 "Three new presumptive positive cases of coronavirus in DC — including a man who attended Christ Church in Georgetown, where the rector is DC’s first patient."

jqb Mar 09, 2020 10:13 PM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

https://time.com/5799765/intelligence-report-pandemic-dangers/ "An annual intelligence report that has been postponed without explanation by President Donald Trump’s administration warns that the U.S. remains unprepared for a global pandemic, two senior government officials who have reviewed a draft of the report tell TIME."

a-1583849251 Mar 10, 2020 07:07 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

If you are well off, or rich, Please informally adopt someone! Start with your house cleaner or house keeper, or your gardener. Give them a bonus to pay for first and last on a place, or at least pay rent.
Look into donating to CAC or Catholic Charities. Both help low income people pay their bills; keep their heads above water. There's always the Food Bank. Please help the people in your daily life who struggle!

a-1583850337 Mar 10, 2020 07:25 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

Unity Shoppe also. These non-profits support working people who can't pay all their bills. Living is going to get harder for millions of working poor and poor elders. The economic crash and the public health fears, reality and social withdrawal will hurt everyone economically. I must cut back on donating to social causes and put my money toward supporting real people, my neighbors, in maintaining at least a subsistence existence.

a-1583850779 Mar 10, 2020 07:32 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

I don't care who or what you support! If you hire help, help those who help you! Especially if they're regulars; have worked for or with you for years. If you've never spoken to your "help," shame on you. Either way, just treat them like you'd want to be treated. I was raised this way, I cleaned houses when I was young, I carry it on now that I'm rich.

a-1583860191 Mar 10, 2020 10:09 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

PStar, What is 90% of people? Those who need help to keep their heads above water economically? Those who struggle? It's not as high as 90% but yeah, you took my point; we agree. But there's a crap ton of well-off people out there. My folks mentored a family for decades, I can only do the same again, and more.

yin yang Mar 10, 2020 10:15 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

By the way, remember that non-profit xmas tree thing? It had angel in the name, didn't it? There were names on the tree and the well-off picked a family to sponsor/treat? This is no different. It's just not associated with a holiday, religion, or time line. It's just something us rich people should always be doing. By rich I mean more than comfortable.

EastBeach Mar 10, 2020 10:18 AM
Ventura Congresswoman to Self-Quarantine Due to Coronavirus

Very ironic. Congressman Gaetz belittled the seriousness of COVID-19 only last week and is now quarantined himself. And after his gas mask stunt, one of his district constituents died ...... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/matt-gaetz-made-light-of-coronavirus-by-wearing-a-gas-mask-now-one-of-his-constituents-has-died/ar-BB10SExF